Snowballs In Thailand

SimonD

I've been promising my Thai GF a snowball fight and this year is about right, it's just about timing. She's never seen or experienced it for real but is fascinated by the stuff.

Which is the closest country to Thailand with regular natural snowfall from October/November onwards?

I've heard that the mountains of Nth. Vietnam have snow some years but would guess that is rare? Maybe China, if so what part?

Anyone?

My mother-in-law says that in her many decades living in Phrae, there has been snow appear very few times on the very tips of the mountains. I think your best bet is to get a freezer really frosty and scrape it out.

Sort of off topic, but last year I took some "instant snow" to Thailand. My sister in law, who works in a kindergarten, got hold of it for me. It's a white powder, you mix with water and it replicates snow exactly (except of course it is not cold! )

Best Beloved and Little Miss JAG played with it for hours, as did all the local kids. Even my stepson (who at 18 is so cool he makes the Fonz look like a caveman) and his mates had a go. Snowball fights at Songkran - surreal!