Suggestions On Accomodation

pumpuiman

Hello all,

I'm currently visiting the family in Isaan and am planning a three day trip to Pattaya. I'll be arriving on the 12th of Feb. and meeting my brother there (his first visit to Thailand) and he will be staying at the Dusit D2 hotel. I don't care for the expense and all the bells and whistles of such a place and was hoping some of you local folks might suggest a more moderately priced accomodation that is within walking distance to the "D2".

I would like to be centrally located if possible, but not right in the middle of walking street. A hotel that doesn't mind (or charge for)"guests" would be preffered.

I've never been to Pattaya, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm completely unfamiliar with the layout and am doing some research...but hoped some of you kind ladies and gentleman might give me a hand.

I appreciate your time, and thank you in advance for any info.

I'll be happy to buy a few beers when I'm in town.

Thanks again,

Eric (pumpuiman)

Maybe look at the Sabai Wing in Soi 1. Not exactly central but walking distance to D2, or, Welcome Plaza more central but quite a trek (walking) to D2, but on a direct baht bus route.

Obviously loads more but you rally need to look at a map to get an idea, quite a good one here in post number 3. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/63331-map-of-eastern-thailand/

Maybe look at the Sabai Wing in Soi 1. Not exactly central but walking distance to D2, or, Welcome Plaza more central but quite a trek (walking) to D2, but on a direct baht bus route.

Obviously loads more but you rally need to look at a map to get an idea, quite a good one here in post number 3. http://www.thaivisa....stern-thailand/

Thanks for the map link, a big help.

Obviously loads more but you rally need to look at a map to get an idea, quite a good one here in post number 3. http://www.thaivisa....stern-thailand/

Thanks for the map link, a big help.

Also a good one on the same link in post 14, it has the hotel names on.

I'm in a bit of a hurry now, but there's a decent hotel on the North side of Central Festival that's pretty good. Go in person and the manager will match any deals you get via various internet sites. I think I paid 1000B or so 2 years ago. Clean, quiet, nice pool and centrally located.

Nowhere near D2. Certainly not walking distance.

Areca has a wing behind the Avenue, so that is within walking distance. As is the Pattaya Bay Resort Go for the Pattaya Bay Resort, as it's closer to D2. Probably within 100 metres.

Areca has a wing behind the Avenue, so that is within walking distance. As is the Pattaya Bay Resort Go for the Pattaya Bay Resort, as it's closer to D2. Probably within 100 metres.

Complete brain fade...i was writing D2 and thinking of Dusit Thani !!

Thanks for the suggestion...by the way..loking at the pinned thread on Pattaya hotels, I noticed the Areca listed as under construction...anyone know if that is up to date info? I'd rather not have jackhammers provoking my hangover....

I will do some looking into the Pattaya Bay Resort...thanks again.

Eric

Thanks for the suggestion...by the way..loking at the pinned thread on Pattaya hotels, I noticed the Areca listed as under construction...anyone know if that is up to date info? I'd rather not have jackhammers provoking my hangover....

I will do some looking into the Pattaya Bay Resort...thanks again.

Eric

Arecas new wing is complete.

Thanks for the prompt reply, thats good news.

Just clicked the penthouse hotel banner as suggested in another post.....kinda scary, afraid the sheets might be a little sticky at that joint, I prefer guest friendly....but not that friendly.

Any other suggestions would be greaty appreciated.

Eric

Eric

http://www.thaivisa....use-in-pattaya/

I can vouch for Arcadia mansion. Adjacent to the central on 2nd road. Not sure about high season, but 600 baht when I went, and rooms were very clean. TV, hot water, 1.2 meter tall fridge, soft bed, safe in the closet, balcony facing the mall, internet wifi, elevator. They don't bother you as long as you pay the rent.

Edited by 4evermaat

Thanks for the prompt reply, thats good news.

Just clicked the penthouse hotel banner as suggested in another post.....kinda scary, afraid the sheets might be a little sticky at that joint, I prefer guest friendly....but not that friendly.

Eric

Stayed at the Penhouse about 15 years ago, as well hot and cold water/ women there were also as many cockroaches yuk.

Thanks to all for your assistance, I've booked a room at the Areca. A tip to anyone interested...I called the Areca directly and they informed me that they had no deluxe rooms available. I was able to book a deluxe room through ASIAROOMS dot com at a better price than at the Areca's website, and checked for conformation...all is well.

Thanks again, let me know if I can offer a beverage to those that helped me out!!!

ERIC

Thanks to all for your assistance, I've booked a room at the Areca. A tip to anyone interested...I called the Areca directly and they informed me that they had no deluxe rooms available. I was able to book a deluxe room through ASIAROOMS dot com at a better price than at the Areca's website, and checked for conformation...all is well.

Thanks again, let me know if I can offer a beverage to those that helped me out!!!

ERIC

You Sir are a Gentleman , enjoy your stay,