Tg: Bkk-Jfk Return?

dddave

I have a bunch of TG F.F. miles that will expire in April. I just made Gold status which is good for two years so I can use the miles I've been accumulating.

I will need to go to the US soon any way so I might as well use my miles that are about to expire.. I also get a free upgrade to Biz class for going Gold which makes it even sweeter.

Does anybody know roughly how many miles Thai charges for BKK-JFK return; economy? If I am short the required mileage, how much will it cost per mile to fill in the difference?

TG no longer flies to JFK so you'll have to use one of their partners. Some airlines charge substantially more miles to fly on partner airlines.

The BKK-JFK-BKK non-stop flights were great, made the trip painless, and were priced right.

If you want something different, click on the Star Alliance awards, I've heard getting on the BKK-LAX is impossible with points and now they are trimming the sked and routing it via ICN in May- try BKK-HKG or NRT on TG then Air Canada to Toronto and go to LGA instead of JFK. You pre-clear US immigration in Toronto. AC is miles ahead of UA.

It beggars belief that someone would log onto the internet and ask the forum this question, when a few clicks away are is the TG website which would have told him exactly what he wanted to know, without waiting for replies?

Weird. Very weird.

• Like 1