Enforcing 'By Laws' In A Secure Development?

cheshiremusicman

I posted this topic yesterday, but for some strange reason it did not appear so lets try again.

I live in a 'Gated development' which obtained 'Juristic body approval' some 4 years ago.

We have our 'Articles of Association' and 'By laws', which were voted on and approved by the residents, but does anybody know of any 'Juristic body' here in Thailand that has got any form of 'Teeth' to impose fines on people who do not abide by the the above? If so how are the 'teeth' governed and applied, monetary fines, exclusion of services or what?. We do not wish to have members of the elected Committee being vilified for trying to protect other residents from noise and unreasonable behaviour, but we do wish to try and keep our community protected from such problems, particularly from people who have rented property and think that they can do what the hell they like with no comeback - we recently had some Russians renting and they caused all kinds of problems, but could not give a shzt about complaints from neighbouring properties.

Does anybody know of any developments that have imposed a restriction on the number of 'domestic pets' that any one household may have. We now have some people who have 6 or more dogs and the noise annoyance is really getting to people - what is possible and what is not possible - within the law of course?.

I know that in many other countries their are legal restrictions on the number of pets that people can have - even to the extent of the number of fish that people can have - this relates more to 'condo's' because of the problems of large fish tanks breaking and damaging floors below. Personally I would like to see our development have a restriction of no more than 3 domestic animals per household for any new purchaser and a restraint on people who have more animals to not replace them when they die - and yes I am not an animal hater, I just abhor people who let their dogs bark for ages without stopping them as do my other considerate neighbours.

Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated.