Where To Get Real Cotton Polo Shirts

Charly2008

Anybody an idea where I can get good quality real cotton polo shirts, perhaps tailored and embroidered here in Pattaya or closed by?

Had lately some done they said 100% cotton, but that's just not what they delivered, is some mix with polyester, when it's getting hot it starts itching all arond.

• Like 1

Those street vendors must make a fortune. 200bht or $6 USa dollars for a polyester mix that couldn't cost more than 50c

You may need to go to BKK , I bought several from emporium and the sales girl gave me a 25% discount and she lifted a pile of clothes up and ask me to put the money underneath, the scamers are every where

Well the counterfeit tat you buy in the tourist stalls are going to be a high percentage of polyester. For good quality clothes at a reasonable price check out the Export Shops in Central and Big C on 2nd Road.

Exactly...tons of quality stuff at Central Beach or Royen but it don't cost B 200 per shirt...definitely not for the baloon-chaser crowd smile.png

Edited by FarangBuddha

Well the counterfeit tat you buy in the tourist stalls are going to be a high percentage of polyester. For good quality clothes at a reasonable price check out the Export Shops in Central and Big C on 2nd Road.

Exactly...tons of quality stuff at Central Beach or Royen but it don't cost B 200 per shirt...definitely not for the baloon-chaser crowd smile.png

Actually the Export shops are very reasonable for the quality, and they usually have big/farang sizes as well. I'm not sure about polo shirts, but button-down shirts are around 300-400 baht for good brand names (often with the brand name tag in the neck clipped off. I think they buy excess/end-of-production/odd lots directly from the factories, perhaps items with small defects rejected by QC but usually not noticable.

• Like 1

Those street vendors must make a fortune. 200bht or $6 USa dollars for a polyester mix that couldn't cost more than 50c

You may be surprised - we buy a couple of thousand direct from the factory in China printed with customer logos front and back and the last lot cost us the RMB equivalent of $3 plus each. Thailand (and the quality) may be a bit cheaper but not that much.

Yesterday I have been at the Export shop at Big C 2nd Road and what can I say.

I found what I was looking for, european size, real cotton and with 180 THB a pcs. a good bargain as well. The Polo feels good on the skin, no itchy, just smooth.

@Phil

Thanks for the good suggestion.

By the way I bought 8 pcs. should be enough for the next time.

Cheers,

Charly

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

I bought three polo shirts at the sport outlet store neat BigC on Sukhumvit. On the corner of the square wherealso the Home Works store is. The salesgirl quaranteed me that they where made from 100% cotton, as the label says. I weared one of them one hour and It seemend NOT to be. I was sweating a lot wearing that shirt. The brand name of the shirts is Emilio Valentino. They are according to the label made in China. I have given them away, waste of money!!!

I cannot find ral cotton polo's here. Only the outlet store next to Lotus have "for sale" Beverly Hills polo club shirts at Bath 690 (US$ 23), but they donot produce the ones with the pocket anymor.

• Thanks 1

Only the outlet store next to Lotus have "for sale" Beverly Hills polo club shirts at Bath 690 (US$ 23), but they donot produce the ones with the pocket anymor.

Oh, well. Maybe you can live without a pocket. sleep.png

There is a massive sale once a year held at an old airfield near Laem Chabang, huge big event with hundreds of stalls, this is a proper direct from the factory sale, i bought genuine BH polo club shirts at around only 300 Baht each. Real genuine bargains at this place and not just clothes, washing powder in big buckets was about half the price that it was in Tesco, loads of stuff. You even have to queue to get into some of the tents!

It is a massive event and you have to park quite a distance away and they ferry you to the sales area on motorbikes.

It is usually on for about a week, but i cant remember when, if anyone knows please let us know???

Very very busy, you would probably need to go for 2 full days to cover it all!

Edited by LennyW
  • Thanks 1

There is a massive sale once a year held at an old airfield near Laem Chabang, huge big event with hundreds of stalls, this is a proper direct from the factory sale, i bought genuine BH polo club shirts at around only 300 Baht each. Real genuine bargains at this place and not just clothes, washing powder in big buckets was about half the price that it was in Tesco, loads of stuff. You even have to queue to get into some of the tents!

It is a massive event and you have to park quite a distance away and they ferry you to the sales area on motorbikes.

It is usually on for about a week, but i cant remember when, if anyone knows please let us know???

Very very busy, you would probably need to go for 2 full days to cover it all!

Would love to find the date on this also. I went to one in Bangkok many years ago, near Bang Na. Huge tents. Fantastic deals. Done one time a year.

Pratunam Bayioke EXIT shop and many others have 100% cotton plain colors polo shirts for 200 thb max.

But even Lacoste polo are not 100% cotton because it's not as soft as when mixed with Polyester.

Lacoste polo shirts are 100% cotton, unless you buy the 200B knockoffs. Then they are not. I've got many. They all say 100% cotton, but are not.

http://shop.lacoste....e&searchSize=12

• Thanks 1

If you knew anything about clothing business you would know that even when the authentic stuff writes 100% cotton they are not, easy to understand when touching the material, there are some tricks, as people in the west believe that 100% cotton is better, brands give them what they want...

If you knew anything about clothing business you would know that even when the authentic stuff writes 100% cotton they are not, easy to understand when touching the material, there are some tricks, as people in the west believe that 100% cotton is better, brands give them what they want...

Understood, but the with extremely strict labeling rules in the US, they'd never get away with it. They say Coton, which is not really cotton. If the label says 100% cotton, it is. Unless you buy it at a night market here, which means it probably came from China. Who knows.

http://www.corporatecasuals.com/polo-shirt/polo-shirt-buyers-guide.asp

http://nanetteparker.hubpages.com/hub/Different-Types-of-Polo-Shirts