Where To Get Real Cotton Polo Shirts

Charly2008

If you knew anything about clothing business you would know that even when the authentic stuff writes 100% cotton they are not, easy to understand when touching the material, there are some tricks, as people in the west believe that 100% cotton is better, brands give them what they want...

Your post explains a lot to me. I have found that some T shirts (non copy stuff) often say 100% cotton and actually feels oK in the air-conditioned shop but when you wear it outside in the heat and humidity it feels worse e.g. not "breathing" and feels prickly and everything else that 100% cotton is not supposed to do. I used to think perhaps the cotton was too thick but now I am I am shocked that the brands would actually say 100% cotton when it is not true!

In the old days, 100% cotton usually meant a "breathable" material that is comfortable in heat and humidity. Maybe I imagined it? ermm.gif

There are different types of cotton also, as stated in that article I posted.

There are several different types of cotton and a few different fabric styles. Interlock cotton shirts have a soft, smooth texture. Pique knit shirts are the most common and many customers call it "holey" or "bumpy". Some pique fabrics are heavier and some finer but this is usually determined by the type of cotton. Combed cotton is the most basic and cheapest cotton. Pique polo shirts with combed cotton tend to be heavier. Pima cotton is usually finer as it is a finer thread. Pima cotton tends to have fewer imperfections/impediments so it is a finer softer thread than just combed cotton.

Not to mention different sources of cotton:

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/types-of-cotton-8837.html

I'd have a hard time believing the US Customs department gets fooled by this. Labeling laws are pretty strict and enforced fairly well. At least in the US.

A 100% Cotton Polo Shirt can contain for exampe the following composition:

73% Cotton, 1% Acrylic, 9% Dye, 14% Urea-Formaldehyde Resin,

2 percent Plasticizer and 1% Optical Brighteners

It is still legal to label it 100% Cotton, since all textile fibers are made of Cotton.

• Thanks 1

A 100% Cotton Polo Shirt can contain for exampe the following composition:

73% Cotton, 1% Acrylic, 9% Dye, 14% Urea-Formaldehyde Resin,

2 percent Plasticizer and 1% Optical Brighteners

It is still legal to label it 100% Cotton, since all textile fibers are made of Cotton.

Yuck!!! But I think if it was also part poly, the label would reflect that. Right?