Local A1 Top Dog Spot Bollik Vehicle Insurance

I'm pondering on getting an insurance upgrade. I've just had my Caribbean totally rebuilt - at the cost of 72,000K baht! - and now I'm broke but I'm thinking it might be worth paying out for more than the basic Govt insurance.

Has anyone had good dealings and fair rates with local companies? I reckon the Caribbean is now worth 150K baht but is over 10 years old.

And I'm wondering about my 2008 Yamaha Nouvo MX too, while I'm at it . . . (worth 25,000K baht . . .?)

Anyone??

Cheers

Rob

post-4665-0-47003800-1328027404_thumb.jp

With one Suzuki jeep I was with Viriyah. I never had to make a claim, and they were pretty useless at getting the policy to me and as bad as getting policy reminders to me. Basically, if I did not remember to go to their office here on Samui, then everything sat in a drawer. I just use government insurance on that one now (according to Virriyah the jeep wasn't worth much anyway).

Another jeep, I insured on-line with Royal & Sunalliance. Very good and cheapish, but.....

my policy has been sold on and companies have been taken over. From Sunalliance to IAG, and now I am with a smaller Thai Company somewhere in Bangkok. They automatically devalue the jeep every year, with no consideration for replacement cost. I cannot recommend them. I cannot comment on claim's processing - never used it.

As an aside, I have a number of customers who use a small insurance broker in Fisherman's Village. They seem to do a good job, and own problems, and also follow up well when there is a claim. If you want to consider a broker - pm me.

I doubt you could get more than 12,000 baht for the 2008 scooter, if that. That could be good news since because it is worth less, it will be cheaper to insure.

What a cheery chappie. I was offered 20,000 for it a few weeks ago - so noo-noo to you. cheeky-smiley-025.gif

R

Edited by robsamui