Where Can I Buy A Globe Of The World?

Nisa

I have not seen any Globes for sales in the Bangkok area. Does anybody know where one might be found? I am not looking for anything fancy but want something fairly (but not too) big .. like you would find in a class room.

It is for my daughter. I just want to help give her an idea of where places are in the world.

before the new year, at B2S at the top floor of Central Chidlom, Siam Paragon department store . . .

I had the same idea for my Thai nephew, but eventually Google Earth. since I don't want the globe becomes a ball after his interest faded in 3 months.

School Supply stores carry them. There is one across from Ekkamai Major on Sukhumvit across from Soi 63 Next to the Eastern Bus Terminal. I beleive they also have them for sale at the school supply store just past MBK shopping center on the main road just past the BTS station.

Put me down as another vote for Google Earth. I wanted one for the same reason, found some at Central's bookstore, but thought they were too expensive for foot-diameter balls of plastic.

You happen to remember about how expensive? I like the idea of a globe because it is always out and even adults get curious when they see one.

• 2 weeks later...

You happen to remember about how expensive? I like the idea of a globe because it is always out and even adults get curious when they see one.

I was recently at "The Mall" and they had what appeared to be the same selection as I remember at Central. The prices were from nearly 1,000 to 3,000 for the best one. The expensive ones were of decent quality, but they suffered from having everything written in Thai and English.

I was recently at "The Mall" and they had what appeared to be the same selection as I remember at Central. The prices were from nearly 1,000 to 3,000 for the best one. The expensive ones were of decent quality, but they suffered from having everything written in Thai and English.

Thanks! Is there a place actually called "The Mall" or are you talking about one of the Central World malls? If so, what type of store were they in? I have no idea where a school store is that other posters have mentioned but I do go to the malls often because the wife sometimes makes me go with her ... too often actually.

I wanted a couple of inflatable ones to use in the classroom, but couldn't find any over here. I got someone in the UK to buy them on ebay and send them over. 14" diameter cost around a pound each + P&P.

It was amazing to find how little my students knew about countries outside of Thailand.

• 3 months later...
Seems in the US you see them in every type of office store, mall , book store and kid's store

Does not seem to help much. Some US citizens can't point out USA on a map, let alone some other countries.

Wow!

Someone asks a simple question about globes, people comment on it, and you attack a poster for being American.

I'm sure glad I don't live in your head.