Wanted: Tefler (?) To Help Cobras

Martin

There is a village near us where the villagers are engaged in cobra-conservation. Each house looks after several. The result of their cobra breeding and rearing programme is that they can release cobras in the nearby forest and halt the declining cobra population.

The land round the village is poor quality and their rice crops are meagre, so catching cobras (to eat) used to be vital to their predecessors. But the previous generation over-ate.

To raise some money to help to maintain the village temple and their cobra-conservation project, this generation put on a cobra-handling show and sell village-produced herbal medicines to people who come to see the show.

They are beginning to get some 'farang' tourists coming (typically, 3 to 6 a week) and it would help their sales if there was a translation into English of the labels on their medicinal products.

My Thai is minimal ('sip kham') and I can't read it at all. So I am looking for a farang who can read Thai and who will volunteer to translate these labels and the villagers' descriptive panels of their displays. I am surmising that some teachers of English in Bangkok will have developed enough Thai to do this.

I can offer a couple of days of free holiday here in 'the real Thailand'. VIP bus from Bangkok to Non Sa-at (on Highway 2, halfway between Khon Kaen and Udon Thani) and return, and staying with us, for free. Please contact me via our website, www.thaihomestay.co.uk, or e-mail [email protected].

Also can anyone tell me how to get some cheap tin badges made?. I want some saying "I am a friend of the cobra". Thanks. Martin