Update Me On Jomtien Restaurants

xminator

So, my month in the sun is getting closer. Part of the attraction beside sun is the food. So what have changed in the Jomtien area when it comes to restaurants.

My preference is aircon and inside. Without "Elvis" at 160db. At the same time, the cost have to be considered "ok". My preference go to western food, my wifes preference go to thai food.

Some years back there where a place called hot stone grill. Air con, decent price and good food. Long gone, but that is my kind of place.

Looking away from Jomtien, last year "volterra italian restaurant" had good italian food, is that restaurant still in service, and/or is there better alternatives for italian food this year? Other places I should try in the greater Pattaya area?

Or what about places to eat at central pattaya? Anything that could be considered above average?

The preferred answer would be informative instead of discussions about cheap charlies or what is considered ok pricing or eating western food in thailand or not. More something like this:

Lindas Restaurant Norwegian food, air con, above average decoration, above average priced, sometimes loud live bands (Click on link for google map reference)

Cant remember name Norwegian food, not air con, cheap decoration, partly not roofed, very good norwegian food, large portions and below average price

Edited by xminator

Cafe Le Mar about a click south of Chairuprek intersection with Jomtien Beach road has excellent food and prices. Beef Masaman curry is great at 220BT. Good western menu with chicken liver pate 120BT and burgers and sandwiches, as well as pizza. Pupen about another KM further has great Thai seafood, I am told. I live in Ban Amphur and find it difficult to pass Preecha to go to another big Thai seafood restaurant.

Volterra still open.

What cuisines do you like?

About anything with meat or vegetables. Anything exclusivly sea food and I will go hungry in Thailand (allergic so need to know what species seafood is, shrimps ok tough so usually find something when wife want seafood). As I said in first post, western style food, traditional taste, not food that is too experimental/posh.

If you like Italian, check out the new place La Bocca near the Hanuman statue in Pattaya. Nearby across the street there is now a Jomtien Pig and Whistle if you like that English style food. If you like New York style deli meat sandwiches with perhaps the best made in house deli meats in Thailand (corned beef/pastrami), try Deli-zza next soi south from Just Burgers.

Edited by Jingthing

The Canary Nest (I think but it has a green parrot outside) Soi 4 Alsace food

Simons Fish and Chips

New Chinese in Soi Welcome

Decent Italians and International on Thepraya

Great Ice Cream at Eurostar

Great Seafood at the end of the Beach Road

Superb Carvery at the weekends in Shenanigans

Lots of roadside Thai places that are excellent for 40 baht a plate