Bangkok Airways To Increase Samui - Hong Kong Flights

Bangkok Airways will be increasing its flight frequency on the Koh Samui – Hong Kong route from daily to ten flights weekly starting from 31 March 2012.

Ms. Ariya Prasarttong-Osoth, Vice President – Sales of Bangkok Airways, said, “To respond an increasing demand and to offer more choice to our passengers, we have decided to add three more flights to each leg of the Samui - Hong Kong route.”

The additional flights are PG873 Koh Samui – Hong Kong (17:50 – 22:05) operating every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and PG874 Hong Kong – Koh Samui (09:05 – 11:10) operating every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

The airline operates the route with Airbus A319 aircraft configured with 12 business class and 108 economy class seats.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news12/311-BangkokAirways.shtml

• Like 1

"Web Delight" fare return: 20,540 baht

"Business Blue Ribbon" fare return: 45,485 baht

Quite reasonable if you are Bill Gates....

AirAsia

Surat Thani -- Bangkok return: 3,158 baht

Bangkok -- Hong Kong return: 8,606 baht

Total: 11,764 baht

AirAsia has fares that are slightly more and slightly less than this. I took the sample days of flying out on Feb 10 and back on the 15th.

• Like 1

I take it the new wave of tourists are coming from the East then.

I don't think that many people on samui would like to go to Hong Kong on holiday as it is proper pricey.imight have to change my promotions to bring in the Canternease.

How do i say hello welcome to samui in Madnarin???

I take it the new wave of tourists are coming from the East then.

I don't think that many people on samui would like to go to Hong Kong on holiday as it is proper pricey.imight have to change my promotions to bring in the Canternease.

How do i say hello welcome to samui in Madnarin???

I am totally confused BigC. (Love your posts though.)

Yes - lots more Honkies coming from the former colony to visit Samui.

Yes - they speak Cantonese.

Not sure where the Mandarin fits in. If the mainlanders (mandarin speakers) get to HK, then they usually do not want to leave. Especially to come to Samui, and especially at Bandit Airways prices.

You are better off learning Cantonese for the Honkies.

Welcome! (to greet someone) Fun1 jing4! 歡迎! Hello. 你好. Néih hóu. Nice to meet you. 幸會. Hahng'wúih. There you go BigC