The 4-Hour Body

Jayman

I lost a massive amount of weight following the Atkins diet a few years back. It's not so easy to do in LOS cause carbs are part of all thai food and sugar-free was nearly unheard of a few years back. Atkins is not a healthy eating style for the long term but the short term health implications are far outweighed by the benefit of losing weight.

After slowly putting a little of the weight back on I started looking for something that was more reasonable and healthy in the long term. A friend of mine introduced me to The 4-Hour Body. It is a great book that doesn't need to be read from cover to cover to get use from. I have posted just the low carb diet portion as well as the entire book. It has many good sections even on enhancing your sex life.

I'm open to discussions on the content of course....

Just the basic low carb chapter

The e-book in its entirety

Great posting. I have been doing a15 day water fast (sometimes with coconut water) with success but I like the 7th day "eat what you want". I found that after 3 days of fasting it was relatively easy (for me at least) to continue for at least a week. The difficulty was eating light foods (vegetable soups, for example)when I finished the fasting for set period of time to get your body use to solid food again.

Great post and I appreciate the download link. I am fasting for 15 days but I will try this later. I will still need to lose another 15 kilos. This diet makes perfect sense and it so simple. What I really like about it is that it is cheap and won't break your bank account.

Great posting. I have been doing a15 day water fast (sometimes with coconut water) with success but I like the 7th day "eat what you want". I found that after 3 days of fasting it was relatively easy (for me at least) to continue for at least a week. The difficulty was eating light foods (vegetable soups, for example)when I finished the fasting for set period of time to get your body use to solid food again.

Great post and I appreciate the download link. I am fasting for 15 days but I will try this later. I will still need to lose another 15 kilos. This diet makes perfect sense and it so simple. What I really like about it is that it is cheap and won't break your bank account.

The cheat day is what makes this diet easy for me to follow. I did the atkins for several months but the thought of going that strict again is too much to handle. This way I can eat the same few meals every day for 6 days and then on the 7th day can go out and eat everything I was craving like indian food and ice cream. I have found this to be quite effective. I have NOT been doing any exercise and just recently bought some resistance bands and will start adding in some exercise.

I really like his point about doing the minimum to get the most effect. No need to sit in the sun for 1hr when you could get the desired tan in 15 min. After the 15m you are doing more damage and you might have to take time off to recover which stops you from your next 15m session in the sun.