Udon Thani To Pattaya.

furyrider

You dont need go anywhere near Bkk. heading south out of nakon ratchasima you veer left off highway 2 onto (from memory) 331 and follow that all the way direct to hwy 36 which takes u into pattaya. Check a map and u will soon see the route. And Im sure there will be some quick corrections if Ive got it wrong also.

It is a fun and esy ride, but you did not say what kind of bike you would be on. I have done it in a day, but how long were you taking ? Also what are your travel days if you want someone to join you ?

His name gives a subtle hint as to what he rides ;)

787204_f520.jpg

It is a fun and esy ride, but you did not say what kind of bike you would be on. I have done it in a day, but how long were you taking ? Also what are your travel days if you want someone to join you ?

Yes like BigBikeBkk I am on the Honda Fury and yes I can make it in one day but not sure if my wife will put up with that. Although I can cruz at 140 km I have to stop every 200 km for gas. I am leaving on the 9th 6am.

Furyrider, I am unfortunately, now not in Thailand. Thru medical reasons I had to leave abruptly last Feb. I am hoping to head back this year again but not sure when yet. and yes I got the hwy number wrong. As BigBikeBkk states its 304 although I branched off onto 331 as I was headed for Rayong not Pattaya.

I did Rayong to Khon Kaen many times and enjoyed the ride and once from Bulalumphu to Rayong. Few times on my CBR150 took about 7 to 7;5hrs but stop for 3 gas top ups only. Most times I rented a CBR600 or Yamaha R6 and must say much more enjoyable ride. I dont ride that fast but consistent speed. Fastest trip to KK was just on 6hrs and in fact returned the same day.

The roads are basicly good all the way with the worst being between KK and Korat bumpy concrete altho I suspect has been resealed by now? Plus the top of the hill after Korat (304) was extremely corrorgated but they were working on that the last time I rode it so maybe ok now?

Plan ur fuel stops so u always have a reserve and fill only from a recognised fuel station.....there are many backyard fuel places but no choice on grade and I suspect doubtful quality.

Enjoy ur ride and.......be careful.

Furyrider, I am unfortunately, now not in Thailand. Thru medical reasons I had to leave abruptly last Feb. I am hoping to head back this year again but not sure when yet. and yes I got the hwy number wrong. As BigBikeBkk states its 304 although I branched off onto 331 as I was headed for Rayong not Pattaya.

I did Rayong to Khon Kaen many times and enjoyed the ride and once from Bulalumphu to Rayong. Few times on my CBR150 took about 7 to 7;5hrs but stop for 3 gas top ups only. Most times I rented a CBR600 or Yamaha R6 and must say much more enjoyable ride. I dont ride that fast but consistent speed. Fastest trip to KK was just on 6hrs and in fact returned the same day.

The roads are basicly good all the way with the worst being between KK and Korat bumpy concrete altho I suspect has been resealed by now? Plus the top of the hill after Korat (304) was extremely corrorgated but they were working on that the last time I rode it so maybe ok now?

Plan ur fuel stops so u always have a reserve and fill only from a recognised fuel station.....there are many backyard fuel places but no choice on grade and I suspect doubtful quality.

Enjoy ur ride and.......be careful.

I am sorry to here about your medical conditions. Now that I have looked I at google maps I see the route to take. Also my wife (the navigator) says she knows how to get us there. We will see about that, we did a 16 hour trip to Chang Mai with her navigating should of taken 10.

But thanks for your info and hope you get back here soon.