Petrol Rip Off.Ptt

This scam has been running for years, about 5 years ago I treated myself to a quad bike. enjoying my day and with the gas tank on about a quarter, I decided to fill up my new pride n joy at the filling station on the main road in Lamai,

as I pulled up and asked for a full tank I glanced at the pump reading, or attempted to, one of the pump assistants was leaning across the pump pretending to get a piece of fruit out of a paper bag on top of the pump, blocking my view, any how once the quad was full he asked me for x amount of baht (I can't remember the figure). as I was about to pull off after paying it dawned on me that the motor would not take that much gas, and it was quarter full any how. mI told the cheeky chap and he said no it's correct, (or words to that effect).

I was almost ready to acccept defeat, when I looked back at the pump reading I saw the litre reading,,, BINGO I had the Bastardo, the meter was showing more litres than the tank would hold, so

I got my manual out from under my seat and pointed to the litre capacity in the book and the reading on the pump and I asked the rascal to call the police.

and guess what !!!! a full refund. clap2.gif

I now monitor them pump attendants very vigilantly, getting out of my car if I have to.

The End.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Yes, Price went down from 34.99 last month to 33.69 THB per litre for E20. This morning, down to 33.19THB.

Bite my tongue! tongue.png Thanks for the update.

E20 is 31.28 in BKK but at least it is moving in the correct direction.clap2.gif

So nearly 2bt a ltr to transport it from Bkk to Samui highway robbery. Then they will say expensive because has to come on the ferry.

• 1 year later...

To be fair to PTT - my comment was at another petrol station (Choengmon), but it was a new scam for me. facepalm.gif

Pulled in on the scooter and waited while laddie filled up the Thai guy on the other side of the petrol pump. (One hose/nozzle on each side.) smile.png

Laddie than came to my side putting the other nozzle into the receptacle (or so I thought). thumbsup.gif

I asked him to fill up the tank and watched to make sure that he re-set the dials etc for the nozzle on my side. wink.png

Quick as a flash - he used the bluddy nozzle from the other side and started filling it up. I move to the other side - but he has nearly finished. (I am a slow mover) ohmy.png

175 baht to fill up a Nuevo (and I was not empty) I do not think so. I look forward to going back and catching him at it next time. hit-the-fan.gif

Quick warning peeps,

be careful at the new one past Bophut lights. Same scam going on there too. They tried to do me today, putting in 300 baht of diesel then saying it was 1,000 baht worth.

Which direction were you going?

There is a new one being built on the right side if going towards Big C after those lights you mentioned.

Not sure if it is open now or not.

And on another note, possibly a bit off-topic, but I switched from 91 to 95 for my i125 Honda.

Got rid of the sluggish response and noises. Seems a bit smoother too.

Who knows, could be my imagination.

Quick warning peeps,

be careful at the new one past Bophut lights. Same scam going on there too. They tried to do me today, putting in 300 baht of diesel then saying it was 1,000 baht worth.

There is a new one being built on the right side if going towards Big C after those lights you mentioned.

And on another note, possibly a bit off-topic, but I switched from 91 to 95 for my i125 Honda.

I think that new place being built, is a PTT LPG station... the only other LPG station, I have noticed B4, is between Nathon and Hau Thanon..

I always used 95 gas, you will probably find you'll get better mileage too.. when I first switched, years ago, it was about 10% better mileage ... than 91thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Quick warning peeps,

Look at the date of my post.

The one you are talking about is not even open yet !!

To be fair to PTT - my comment was at another petrol station (Choengmon), but it was a new scam for me. facepalm.gif

Pulled in on the scooter and waited while laddie filled up the Thai guy on the other side of the petrol pump. (One hose/nozzle on each side.) smile.png

Laddie than came to my side putting the other nozzle into the receptacle (or so I thought). thumbsup.gif

I asked him to fill up the tank and watched to make sure that he re-set the dials etc for the nozzle on my side. wink.png

Quick as a flash - he used the bluddy nozzle from the other side and started filling it up. I move to the other side - but he has nearly finished. (I am a slow mover) ohmy.png

175 baht to fill up a Nuevo (and I was not empty) I do not think so. I look forward to going back and catching him at it next time. hit-the-fan.gif

A little bit slow, today, Trop., Too much over the xmas hols?

• Like 1