Pros And Cons Living In Jomtien Complex Condo

thaitero

Pros

- Good location close to the beach, many bars and restaurants, on baht bus route.

- Studios generally are spacious at around 68 sq. metres including large balcony 3.3 X 5 metres.

- Only 1 room deep so you can get a good breeze going thru the units.

- All units have views but Tower A had VT 7 built in front of it, now Tower B has better views.

- Decent pool, spacious gym and rec area but older equipment.

- Good management and security.

Cons

- Getting older so maintenance may increase.

- Some noise from the surrounding bars - normal?

- In high season it gets crowded around pool but the rest of the year is fine.

- Usual noisey uninsulated concrete floors!!

- Ongoing upgrades to elevators.

Edited by gerry53

You don't have to worry about a new 40 storey condo being built in front of your building and blocking your expensive ocean views because its already been done.

And the corollary: you save money because many of the formerly "ocean-view" condos are now "wall-view" and so can be purchased at a substantial discount.

If its a lot more expensive than View Talay 1 or 2 better buy at VT1 or VT2 which are good and cheap...

Better go look at VT 1&2 first to compare quality. If "Cheap" is the defining word, then VT 1&2 probably fit the bill in all aspects.

After 5 years of living there I moved out a few months ago. The standard rooms are the largest I have seen in any condo building at around 67 sqm, so if you like a bit of space it's a good place. Location is great and the facilities are reasonable but a bit dated. After refurbishing the corridors and lifts over the last 3 or 4 years they are proposing refurbishing the reception area and common areas of the fourth floor, so you will be billed for that if it gets approval. The big drawback is that the condo has become increasingly popular after VT7 was completed, probably because the end result was nothing like as bad as many people had feared. There are quite a few Russian types who have moved in over the last couple of years, bringing their noise and surly attitudes with them. I lost count of how many times I had to call security to go and tell the Russians above me to tone it down. Then the next room to them, which had been empty for 5 years, was rented out to a Thai guy who insisted on dragging his wooden furniture across the floor tiles at all hours of the night and day. Luckily I had made the decision to leave a year ago, when it was already obvious that the condo was becoming too crowded, with the resultant increase in noise and stress on the facilities. The increasing popularity of the condo is reflected in prices. When the VT7 construction was temporarily halted, some units were being sold for less than 2 million Baht as people tried to ditch them. Now a standard unit in reasonable condition will probably set you back 3 million, maybe 3.5 million for the higher floors. Have you thought of buying 3 adjacent units for 1 million Baht each in one of the new developments and knocking them together, it might be more attractive than buying one unit in JCC? You may also consider renting a unit for 6 months or a year before making the decision to buy, that way you will know firsthand what the pros and cons are. Good luck, anyway. I just couldn't stand the noise and lack of privacy in condos any more (I tried 3 different ones over 7 years), so I have now opted for a house. instead.

If its a lot more expensive than View Talay 1 or 2 better buy at VT1 or VT2 which are good and cheap...

Better go look at VT 1&2 first to compare quality. If "Cheap" is the defining word, then VT 1&2 probably fit the bill in all aspects.

Already lots of excellent posts above in this thread. After reading my own post I see it could be a bit confusing to the reader. VT 1&@ certainly are cheaper. But I'm not sure I made it clear that if cost is not the only, or primary, consideration, then cheaper is certainly not necessarily better.

Already lots of excellent posts above in this thread. After reading my own post I see it could be a bit confusing to the reader. VT 1&@ certainly are cheaper. But I'm not sure I made it clear that if cost is not the only, or primary, consideration, then cheaper is certainly not necessarily better.

If comparing the VT 1 and 2 to Jomtien Complex Condotel you have to take into consideration the difference in square metres. If the usually larger JCC units are 50% bigger you will be paying more usually.