Possible To Work Legally On A Tourist Visa

my gf is currently in the uk on a 6 month visa.she is due to return to los end of jan.i am looking at getting work out there and have some things lined up but not confirmed.if worst came to worst could i get another 6 month visa with her able to work on it.i only mean like very low paid,my parents run a pub in the uk and she could work there,but they will only allow it if its legal.

is this possible or do i have to go for a long drawn out different type of visa?

thxs for any help

steve

my gf is currently in the uk on a 6 month visa.she is due to return to los end of jan.i am looking at getting work out there and have some things lined up but not confirmed.if worst came to worst could i get another 6 month visa with her able to work on it.i only mean like very low paid,my parents run a pub in the uk and she could work there,but they will only allow it if its legal.

is this possible or do i have to go for a long drawn out different type of visa?

thxs for any help

steve

Different visa best way to do it. If you are caught working on a tourist visa......well blacklist/deported. :o

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, your girlfriend is not allowed to work in the UK on a visit visa. Some people suggest that it doesn't matter because the chances of getting caught are slim, but you have to ask yourself whether it's worth the risk of having your g/f summarily turfed out of the country and your parents fined for employing a person unlawfully.

Anyway, who wants to work behind a bar when you can prop it up instead? :o

Scouse.

could i get another 6 month visa
Apart to her not being able to work, (legally) on a tourist visa, she isn't going to get another one so soon anyway. Whilst there is no actual rule, the ECO is not going to issue another tourist visa if it means she will be spending more than 6 months out of 12 within the UK (except in the most exceptional of circumstances).

could i get another 6 month visa
Apart to her not being able to work, (legally) on a tourist visa, she isn't going to get another one so soon anyway. Whilst there is no actual rule, the ECO is not going to issue another tourist visa if it means she will be spending more than 6 months out of 12 within the UK (except in the most exceptional of circumstances).

Yes, just last week at the Embassy (when applying for my wife's visa) we came across a lady who had just returned from 6 months in the UK on a visitors visa. She wanted another one but Embassy said no, you'll have to wait 6 months to apply again. They advised her that in order to return to the UK quickly she would need to apply for a fiance visa.