Thailand Internet Dating Sites

expatdreamer

Never trust Any Thai lady who tells you they don't like Thai men- its what they think farang men want to hear. Sure they will tell u about their ex Thai bf who was a drunk/lazy / violent - all bs to make u feel special. Funnily enough it tends to be farang men age 50 plus who fall for this most. And they ought t be wiser ! Anyway one born every minute I guess. ....

I have to disagree with this, having met some of my wife`s friends, relatives, i have been astounded how much dishonest the thai men are. I have not experienced this in Europe, and some do violent at home. My wife had a sour experience with a thai man too.

Edited by garrya

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never trust Any Thai lady who tells you they don't like Thai men- its what they think farang men want to hear. Sure they will tell u about their ex Thai bf who was a drunk/lazy / violent - all bs to make u feel special. Funnily enough it tends to be farang men age 50 plus who fall for this most. And they ought t be wiser ! Anyway one born every minute I guess. ....

I have to disagree with this, having met some of my wife`s friends, relatives, i have been astounded how much dishonest the thai men are. I have not experienced this in Europe, and some do violent at home. My wife had a sour experience with a thai man too.

So Garry, do you actually know any Thai guys? And I'm not talking your wife's circle of friends/relatives. I know quite a few and by and large, they're overwhelmingly good guys. On average, they're not much different than the farangs that I know. If all of your wife's friends/relatives are surrounded by deadbeat guys, you have to wonder what crowd your wife travels in. The bad Thais come in about the same numbers as bad farangs.

So Garry, do you actually know any Thai guys? And I'm not talking your wife's circle of friends/relatives. I know quite a few and by and large, they're overwhelmingly good guys. On average, they're not much different than the farangs that I know. If all of your wife's friends/relatives are surrounded by deadbeat guys, you have to wonder what crowd your wife travels in. The bad Thais come in about the same numbers as bad farangs

Just be open minded, and do not believe I meant to say ALL the men, but large number of thai guys have the way of having 2 mias (wives) but also there are nice men too,but i am astounded by the number of case heard. Not just my wife`s circle but this is known in Thailand anyway. My wife has very kind male relatives too.

And please, I have referred to the thread as he mentioned " Never trust Any Thai lady who tells you they don't like Thai men- its what they think farang men want to hear"

This sentence meant to say something misleading, this is why I had tried to get it right, not all the ladies lie about their background and also not all the thai men are bad and violent.

Regards

IMO just look for girls who have a bachelor or masters degree, or even just a diploma, as they probably won't be working in a bar if they have a good education smile.png

If they don't have an education, be very suspicious of any girl living in Bkk or another tourist area. Especially if they are originally from another province.

Also be suspicious of anyone who doesn't have a university degree or diploma, but can speak English well.

If they got a degree, they will have photos of their graduation. So say you're interested in seeing the photos (although they wear soo much makeup you might not recognize them lol)

That's my 2c

I am afraid to say that a Thai education and bachelors degree means nowt outside of Thailand, here it prevents a lot of sensible people getting jobs becaues they did not finish the education. Those that get the paper can get a job in a "company" like 7-11, hospital, bank etc what we would call a desk job, others can get a job at a company, a meaneable job not front of house with any status. I dont think any of those jobs pay big life changing salaries. Dating sites offer a slim chance of finding the promised land and if you are desperate you might want to give it shot. Most of the girls here are not used to the state support and holiday regimes we are used too, most have never had a holiday, life here for a Thai female I would suggest is a tough one, unless you find your way into the "service industry" where you have a limited time to make your pile before you are out of date.

How you tell the genuinne girl/man is a bit hit and miss and all I can say is look at the picture being painted and see if its stacking up or something fishy appearing. Good luck.

So Garry, do you actually know any Thai guys? And I'm not talking your wife's circle of friends/relatives. I know quite a few and by and large, they're overwhelmingly good guys. On average, they're not much different than the farangs that I know. If all of your wife's friends/relatives are surrounded by deadbeat guys, you have to wonder what crowd your wife travels in. The bad Thais come in about the same numbers as bad farangs

Just be open minded, and do not believe I meant to say ALL the men, but large number of thai guys have the way of having 2 mias (wives) but also there are nice men too,but i am astounded by the number of case heard. Not just my wife`s circle but this is known in Thailand anyway. My wife has very kind male relatives too.

And please, I have referred to the thread as he mentioned " Never trust Any Thai lady who tells you they don't like Thai men- its what they think farang men want to hear"

This sentence meant to say something misleading, this is why I had tried to get it right, not all the ladies lie about their background and also not all the thai men are bad and violent.

Regards

Understand, Garry. No harm, no foul. I think ExpatJ's point is that this phrase is mostly heard around the bar areas when BG's are trying to nab customers/sponsors. There are an awful lot of Thai women happily married to Thai men, so it's hard to say that this sentiment is shared by even a small minority of Thai women. But some farangs have a need to believe this, so good luck to them.

........But where do they get the money to acquire a computer in the first place to make contact, its a sizeable investment for them and a huge one for ladies over the age of what would you say 35? Does the gamble tell you anything about the life they currently lead?

Internet shops are 12-20 baht/hr in non-tourist areas. they usually have games, skype, webcam pre-set up. No need to own laptop, although they are fairly cheap second-hand. Even new, 7-10,000 baht cam get a non-techie a great deal in tesco.

Why do people want to make so many assumptions about their partner's past? Does it really matter now?

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

+1 I can guarantee I have probably been to more orgies and 1 night stands than many of the ladies I have ever had relationships....those in glass houses and all that!

And..

you're a bright fella, got plenty to say(on here anyway)work it out....if you get really stuck then PM me and I can walk you through it coffee1.gif

Edited by norrona

Dating sites are there to make money, most thai ladies dont have any so its all about getting you to upgrade and pay. How many of the men are real or maybe they work for the company relying to ladies they are never going to meet trying to get them to pay? Look at the profiles and ask why are they free members when there lifestyle would indicate that they could afford to pay if they were really looking, I am of the opinion that most of it is a sham, there are a few genuine people out there but not many. The other thing is men coming out here looking for a cheap bunk up with a good looking chick with out having to pay a bar fine or 1000+ bts a night. Some people are lucky and good luck to them most are going to be dissappointed, the site is free, nothing is free you end up paying something. I was lucky I found mine here, I think I was one of the lucky ones, tell me how a man in a year cannot find a good girl in Thailand and is still on the site looking what is he really looking for? Another upgrade perhaps? Tell me how a young girl in their 20's has not found a man of any age tells me all is not what it seems on the face of it and I dont suppose any of the other sites ar to far different either. If you steer away from the tourist areas you might get lucky that is the rule of thumb. Good luck.

Yes, you are right.

I`ve seen profiles of beautiful young girls, that look like stunning models and yet they are advertising themselves as seeking men from 18 to 99 years of age for love and romance. Then I think, this is pure BS with all the trimmings.

Firstly why would any stunning model like young girl need to use a crap dating site to find a boyfriend? And why would she be so desperate to require any guy no matter what his age or looks? No way.

As you say it`s all down to somehow making the desperate guy living in his make believe world cough up with the doe. The odds are that the profiles are faked, photoshoped or paid models just to entice the men to upgrade.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, one way or another they are going to pay.

Dating sites are there to make money, most thai ladies dont have any so its all about getting you to upgrade and pay. How many of the men are real or maybe they work for the company relying to ladies they are never going to meet trying to get them to pay? Look at the profiles and ask why are they free members when there lifestyle would indicate that they could afford to pay if they were really looking, I am of the opinion that most of it is a sham, there are a few genuine people out there but not many. The other thing is men coming out here looking for a cheap bunk up with a good looking chick with out having to pay a bar fine or 1000+ bts a night. Some people are lucky and good luck to them most are going to be dissappointed, the site is free, nothing is free you end up paying something. I was lucky I found mine here, I think I was one of the lucky ones, tell me how a man in a year cannot find a good girl in Thailand and is still on the site looking what is he really looking for? Another upgrade perhaps? Tell me how a young girl in their 20's has not found a man of any age tells me all is not what it seems on the face of it and I dont suppose any of the other sites ar to far different either. If you steer away from the tourist areas you might get lucky that is the rule of thumb. Good luck.

Yes, you are right.

I`ve seen profiles of beautiful young girls, that look like stunning models and yet they are advertising themselves as seeking men from 18 to 99 years of age for love and romance. Then I think, this is pure BS with all the trimmings.

Firstly why would any stunning model like young girl need to use a crap dating site to find a boyfriend? And why would she be so desperate to require any guy no matter what his age or looks? No way.

As you say it`s all down to somehow making the desperate guy living in his make believe world cough up with the doe. The odds are that the profiles are faked, photoshoped or paid models just to entice the men to upgrade.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, one way or another they are going to pay.

Years ago I used to co-own a dating / community site which had more than its fair share of gorgeous and educated employed thai girls, getting their about me details right was a low priority to getting sexy "look at me" photos up. It always seemed to be a show of vanity that was removed from the real world and therefore there was no need to be as shy or prudish. Just because the profile said anyone, didn't make them open to all ages or colour. I was also shocked at some of the ways the most beautiful were so naive despite academic intelligence and the way western males had exploited that.

Because of our close monitoring we had very few hookers, scammers or fakes unfortunately the farangs were better at hiding it and we became a bit of a resource for those that wanted to shag thai girls without paying!

I agree with most of what you've written above, especially now 8 years on, but it's not all bs and it cuts both ways when it is.

IMO just look for girls who have a bachelor or masters degree, or even just a diploma, as they probably won't be working in a bar if they have a good education

If they have all this education. Why would they be looking for a farang sponsor?

they are not all looking for a sponsor, they don't need a sponsor. the ones i have met are quite capable of taking care of themselves, and believe it or or not own houses, cars etc. see your in that mind set all Thai women just want money and a sponsor.

If she drinks or smokes [either] leave alone.

umm... why?

Yeah, why. I like it when me & her get drunk together and have mad sex. And the expression on Thai faces when she lights up a cigar is absolutely priceless! laugh.png

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Just a quick update as the OP.

I've pulled my profile down

As I said it was just a bit of fun, and am a bit too far from Thailand at the moment to take up any of the offers to meet.

I did have a drop dead gorgeous Thai girl 22 years my junior profess her undyling love to me based on one 1 hour chat session and a couple of photos of mine. She also said she would wait for me no matter how long it took.

So what was it, my boyish good looks or perhaps it was when I let slip how much I earnt (30 times her wage), my house, my car, etc. As they say, no money, no honey

I told her not to wait for me. TIme stands for no one.

And there were plenty more like her (not quite as gorgeous I admit). You guys over there must be having the time of your lives.

i used them for several months all good so far. 1st one i met was defiantly not going to work out so i ditched her, since then been in several short term fun relationships. present one comes down fro BKK every Friday on the bus and goes back Sunday. 37 years old so getting on a bit but, the house is cleaned top to toe, iroing all done and obviously other things taken care of. Yes has the degree and a well paid job in BKK with a house that's paid off. most she will take is 500 baht for taxi and bus fare.

1 i always log on as busy as get 40-50 interests per week, vever availabe i find the chat stuff boring.

2 if thy claim to live in a village some where but all pictures are of Pattaya don't reply

3 if pictures are in 5 star hotel that they could not possibly afford i don't reply

4 to many pictures in a foreign country no reply.

5 if they are in the area i live i sooner or later will find out where place of work is, and check it out as a regular job.

6 i stopped giving out MSN i hate the chat stuff, mail replies via the site of forget it, that way i can remember previous chats.

7 no web chats, again bore the pants off me, and they usually spend more time watching the tv than the camera.

i had one this week who's picture is in fake nurses uniform, obviously not normal working girl but chats are fun and i may get her down for a couple of days. condition is uniform comes as well.

generally i would say there are a lot of genuine girls on there, who have committed themselves to there jobs, don't want a Thai boyfriend

after a few chats i invite them down for a stay, send the bus fare to where ever they live through the bank, up to know always turned up, always had a happy ending stay, and never wanted any money. main problem now is juggling act of visits at right time. Dont want to loose the weekend one.

But i am sure one day i will settle down with one of them, but certainly not 90% hookers from my experience.

1 more rule more than 1 kid forget it.

Going to meet 2 in Petchabun next week, holiday for me as well as seeing two lady's i have been e mailing for a few months. can keep them apart that way.

so for me my opinion is there great, many normal, intelligent ladies on there with there own income.

became a bit of a resource for those that wanted to shag thai girls without paying!

Must have been a very popular site then. laugh.png

I smashed these sites in the early days...thailandfriends was the first one ....

missed this first time around but couple this with his many orgies post and there you go...

However ThailandFriends spawned quite a few marriages when we started doing group meetups (not orgies which I was never invited to any haha) many of which still standing today here and overseas. Stickman gave us a very high recommendation.

It's completely changed now (which we kinda knew would happen once we sold it) but only 100 or so of the 64,000 members still use it, I guess once Facebook implemented the ability to post in Thai the migration was complete.

Edited by 2unique

IMO just look for girls who have a bachelor or masters degree, or even just a diploma, as they probably won't be working in a bar if they have a good education

If they have all this education. Why would they be looking for a farang sponsor?

they are not all looking for a sponsor, they don't need a sponsor. the ones i have met are quite capable of taking care of themselves, and believe it or or not own houses, cars etc. see your in that mind set all Thai women just want money and a sponsor.

If this is the case. What do they wan't? Love from a 40 year older farang? I don't think so.

curious indeed... my wife originally dated overseas guys because she then didn't have to give up her hard won independence, her sister a stewardess was until recently dating a European crew member. Both they and the third sister, who lived and studied in San Fran for 5 years, had their degrees handed to them by the king (the photos take pride of place on mother's wall) so it does happen despite the naysayers.

In fact only the sister who spent time in America doesn't date westerners - says something eh?!?

Even though most would call me a liar (I wish), I am neither handsome or rich although I will point out my wife just quit her corporate job that paid her a bit more than 100k a month to spend time away from the rat race - so i'll have to get off the sofa and pretend I'm actually working!!

How come your wife made so little and you think it is so much you must have a very poor background 100k is only 1.2 million US dollars a year.

My wifes retirement pension is over 2 million US dollars a year and she is only 36 years old

If this is the case. What do they wan't? Love from a 40 year older farang? I don't think so.

i dont go for girls of school age, the lady in the bedroom watching thai tv must be a figment of my imagination then or you just cant accept you cant pull normal non working bar girls. . one thing i dont need to do is lie, so if your comment "i dont think so! is infurring i am please refraim. maybe they just want somebody to have some fun with and no repercussians, or maybe you a implying they do take cash for sex with me as an older guy.

the 2 of you just dont get it there are normal thai women out there who like to date farangs, most have been on multiple dates with other guys. Believe it or not it is quite normal for people to have dates with out money changing hands, and many thai females feel secure with older guys. thats what they tell me, quite frankly i dont care why. i have been here 15 years so think i know if some things is not as it seems.

Regards

You say

"large number of thai guys have the way of having 2 mias (wives)"

Very true so what?

A lot of those second wives were chosen by the first wife.

the 2 of you just dont get it there are normal thai women out there who like to date farangs, most have been on multiple dates with other guys. Believe it or not it is quite normal for people to have dates with out money changing hands, and many thai females feel secure with older guys. thats what they tell me, quite frankly i dont care why. i have been here 15 years so think i know if some things is not as it seems.

A lot of guys here have only little experience with women outside the bar scene. Western men are educted that women are "equal" and thus they don't understand the fact that women are totally different beings and have very different attraction patterns compared to men.

What you wrote above is basically correct and it applies not only to Thai women, once you know your game and leave your Western "values" behind.

"But it has been said (perhaps by Ludditeman, cant recall) that 90% of women on the site are "working girls".

That is absolutely not true. I met about 8 girls from dating websites the first year I was here. Every one of them were professional people with good paying jobs. Most had nice automobiles, owned homes, etc. I was careful who I met, and only ever met one who was divorced with a child. I was often invited to meet the families of the girls as well. It really boils down to what kind of people you meet or want to meet. I only was interested in educated people with good jobs. 5 years later I'm still in contact with 2 of them. Just be selective.

How come your wife made so little and you think it is so much you must have a very poor background 100k is only 1.2 million US dollars a year.

Oh really now 100,000 THB X 12 is 1.2 million USD??? Hahaha LOL

Hence ignoring his post - most people would get the point for its inclusion knowing the average Thai salary and follow the posts meaning rather than focusing on the supporting aside.

Hence ignoring his post - most people would get the point for its inclusion knowing the average Thai salary and follow the posts meaning rather than focusing on the supporting aside.

i think the poster was mocking the belief that 100k THB was a great sum of money. Cuz it aint

i think the poster was mocking the belief that 100k THB was a great sum of money. Cuz it aint

what's the average monthly salary for a Thai woman in an office then - I must be out of touch with the times? I never said it was a great sum of money I mentioned it as she is on a good salary so not looking for a sponsor.

Edited by 2unique

That depends on what age range you are looking at, surely?

Many of the young women on these dating sites in their 20's who want an old, fat farang are money grubbing huntresses.

On the other hand I have talked to and met a few ladies 35+ who have reasonable jobs, families that are grown up and are looking for someone to be with for love, companioship and sex. These older women tend to have their career, a car and often a house. Many older Thai women really do not want to be alone for the rest of their lives, in that respect they are like us and yearn for some companionship.

Maybe you need to get out more in that respect.

<snip...too many quotes...see above>

what's the average monthly salary for a Thai woman in an office then - I must be out of touch with the times? I never said it was a great sum of money I mentioned it as she is on a good salary so not looking for a sponsor.

I would say 100k ThB is about 5 to 10 times the averge Thai office salary - so a very good Thai wage. I know bank managers here that would love to be on much! Some people just have no idea 2Unique.

I would also like to know how many Americans are on 1.2 million dollars too - or indeed so far above it that they think it is not a lot of money! Pure poppycock from some people.

I have talked to and met a few ladies 35+ who have reasonable jobs, families that are grown up and are looking for someone to be with for love, companioship and sex. These older women

I wouldn't call a 35 year old woman "old". smile.png

But past 35 many they think they are old.

Works wonders when you tell them how beautiful they are and a few more compliments tongue.pngw00t.gif