Thai Driving Licence

tekinsel

i bought click 125i and want to get thai driving licence, i read forums and some writes can get paper from any police station and apply for driving licence, sone says from any amphur you can get, and lots of say get resident certificate from own embassy or go government complex and get there but long time, i am married with thai wife and have non imm. o visa, can you give information? if possible i want get it from police station, and can explain procedure? where to get health check etc, thanks

I always get my address papers from my local immigration office which they do for free, but some will charge a few hundred baht. Your embassy may charge a few thousand baht! Health check can be done at any clinic, pay them a few baht (20 at mine) and get a piece of paper in a couple of minutes.

Your location would help. I took a letter from my Apartment office stating I lived here and 500baht done in about 20 min. Also went to the Thai Hospital down the street got the health exam(cough, cough). Went out to the land office presented paper work left with drivers license. This all took place in Chiang Mai

can i take it from police station? local immigration means government complex? sorry i am new and not have any information, i llive in bangkok ladprao and rent place with my wife name, can we use this? thanks

In Chiang Mai I had to go to immigration or my consulate.I think using the police station can only be done if no immigration office,