Pha-Ngan Island To Host Mass Valentine’s Day Wedding

Pha-ngan Island to host mass Valentine’s Day wedding

image_20120207164322573233FA-E0CA-EC9D-55EE0E243E86438A.JPG

SURAT THANI, Feb 7 – Thailand's southern province of Surat Thani will host a mass wedding ceremony at sea on popular Pha-ngan Island next week on the special occasion of Valentine’s Day.

Surat Thani Deputy Governor Chalorsak Vanitchareon and Ko Pha-ngan District Chief Prawes Thaiprayoon jointly told a news briefing on Tuesday that the event is aimed at boosting tourism on the resort island in the Gulf of Thailand, which is well-known for the Full Moon Party among Thai and foreign tourists, as well as to preserve local tradition.

The event will begin with a religious rite on a beach at Ban Chalok Lam Bay. Then the couples will take local fishing boats to the sea near Ma Island, which is famous among foreigners for its beautiful beach and coral reefs, for marriage registration on the boats at sea.

In addition, the organiser will provide free luxury rooms of a five-star hotel for all the marriage couples, Mr Chalorsak announced.

Only 19 couples are allowed to join the ceremony, the deputy governor said, adding that six foreign and three Thai couples have so far registered for the event. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-02-07

I'll get married. How many free nights do I get?

Edit: Oops I meant "we". biggrin.png

Who is WE ? Why are you looking at me Smokie?

Let's sort out the fine print before we start pairing off please Rooo. shock1.gif

How many free nights? And do we get meals...free bar etc.

Actually forget the etc...just the last bit needs clarifying. drunk.gif

I'll get married. How many free nights do I get?

Edit: Oops I meant "we". biggrin.png

Who is WE ? Why are you looking at me Smokie?

Let's sort out the fine print before we start pairing off please Rooo. shock1.gif

How many free nights? And do we get meals...free bar etc.

Actually forget the etc...just the last bit needs clarifying. drunk.gif

Whoever said 'romance is dead'?

• Like 1

A 5 star resort in Chaloklum?

Not trolling, just not aware of any outside of Thong Naipan really...

Other than the hi-rise hotel in Thongsala of course. laugh.png

You are correct - they are staying at a 4* resort at Haad Mae, I know for sure - they all arrived today! (Maehaad Bay Resort).

Brought 'her indoors' across for a bit of a break and now we have all of this poncy pink stuff all over the place. It's a bit like staying in Barbie's Palace!

Apart from that - good little hotel. Excellant service, very decent food and a great swimming pool. I would not be happy paying full price for the rooms, but at the discounted rate - good value.

never heard of this island.

is it somewhere near koh pan-yang?

Koh Ma, lovely little island just off the tip of Koh Pha Ngan (no such place as pan-yang). Great snorkeling I've heard (don't snorkel myself).

my gf just told me that ever since she was a little girl, she has dreamed about getting married on a thai fishing boat.

we've just now signed up for it. can't ask for more really, romantic valentines day wedding on a fishing boat with a sushi dinner and a instead of the mile high club we get a chance to join the mile from shore club. might be years before i get to do something like this again.

my gf just told me that ever since she was a little girl, she has dreamed about getting married on a thai fishing boat.

we've just now signed up for it. can't ask for more really, romantic valentines day wedding on a fishing boat with a sushi dinner and a instead of the mile high club we get a chance to join the mile from shore club. might be years before i get to do something like this again.

Hopefully SEVERAL years if you are getting married tomorrow!!ohmy.png

Doesn't give me much time to get a new hat does it?laugh.png

never heard of this island.

is it somewhere near koh pan-yang?

Koh Ma, lovely little island just off the tip of Koh Pha Ngan (no such place as pan-yang). Great snorkeling I've heard (don't snorkel myself).

You are correct SBK. I have just come back from last snorkel of the day. It's one of the few places that I know of where you just walk into the sea off the beach and there is the coral and loads of fish. Brilliant.

Koh Mae is off the NW part of KPN. Connected to KPN by a sand spit at low tide.

By the way - only nine couples (that I saw) made it to tie the knot today. Still, they had a lovely time. Free food and cocktails for all. Thai dancing and even elephants to convey the grooms to the wedding.

Was Joe there? Did he tie the knot?
Sorry - I have no idea what Joe looks like - if you post a picture, I can check it against the ones that 'er indoors' took. giggle.gif (He must of been there - free food and booze!drunk.gif )

of course we were there! we were a bit shy at first because we felt a little out of place but everyone there was very nice and we had a great time. we didn't go out on the fishing boat though because my girl drank too much crunk juice.

post-92060-0-48012000-1329269445_thumb.j