Publican Meeting At Fair House

My wife went there.

Big wig police coming to the Island, all bars must be drug free by then.

They will conduct ransom urine tests like in Pattaya.

Samui never ceases to amaze me. So they had a meeting to tell bars that they must be drug free. So, by that logic, they must know that some bars are not drug free. So, why havent they taken any action against the non-drug free bars already?

My wife went there.

Samui never ceases to amaze me. So they had a meeting to tell bars that they must be drug free. So, by that logic, they must know that some bars are not drug free. So, why havent they taken any action against the non-drug free bars already?

Thai logic moves in mysterious ways

My wife went there.

As there are hardly any drugs around the Mae Nam coast to begin with then it will be with glowing pride they can announce the success of their campaign.

I wonder why they didn't decide to clamp down on gambling, which is so rife that it's spilling into the street?

R

Edited by robsamui

Okay, my error. I thought that many of the foreigners here (and some sponsors) operated bars/pubs and establishments serving alcohol. I do not.

However, the police came around a few days before the meeting to inform publicans of this meeting. As I hear it, the head of the police (local? Surat?) was here and the meeting was at Fair House. Three hundred plus people there, mostly Thais, and the meeting was conducted all in Thai with a quickie summary in English at the end.

The were cameras there so I assume it will be or has been on Samui Channel. Very professional (white table clothes and beverages), with the police asking for suggestions on how to eliminate drugs and their use and distribution in and around bars/pubs. The meeting was quite long I hear, over two hours, so I assume there was a great deal of information bantered about.

It is interesting that no one had heard of this and thought to post it beforehand. Either the people who say they "own" pubs are silent partners, or they didn't get the message (which apparently did reach quite a few ears). Whatever the case may be, I'd be interested if anyone who can understand Thai well enough was at the meeting and would care to post on the proceedings.

Are there going to be random and unwarranted searches of person and bodily fluids? Or was this just a show of good intentions?

when the thai police begin taking effective measures to assist the law abiding general public without holding out their hands for "support" and not for frivolous, heavy handed invasions of privacy they might get more support. until then they can XXXXX off.

Edited by Rooo

This is one of the funniest topics on here for a very long time. My lips are sealed lmao.sorry.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You don't come out with a statement like that without giving us at least a clue as to what on earth you are on about!tongue.pnglaugh.png

assume that someone directly involved in posting in this thread is directly involved and you probably wouldn't be far off

This is one of the funniest topics on here for a very long time. My lips are sealed lmao.sorry.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Trying to eradicate drugs on the island makes you smile........?

I'm sorry but i don't get what is so funny for you.......

Nothing funny at all about drug eradication. Just look around you as to who is involved on this island as well as KPG,might shed a bit of light & more understanding of my post.

• Like 1