Motor Cycle Licence

merlen10002

Got my Motor Bike licence today at Sukhumvit Rd Bang Chak, Bangkok, very easy, quick and all the staff at the transport place was very good helpful and nice to deal with, I renewed my car licence yesterday, I got that licence last year for one year now the new licence is for 5 years, same deal for the bike licence but took longer as I went late in the day, lots of people then, went first thing this morning for the bike licence, arrived just after 7.00 am doors open at 7.30am, was third in line, past everything easy, bit suprised I had to do a writen test for the road rules, did not have to do this for the car licence, just showed them my Oz licence, nothing in the test about motor cycles only about cars,,, strange,, never seen anything about trafic rules for Thailand before doing the test, just used common sense past first time no trouble, the riding test was a bit worry, had not ridden bike since 1993 so was a bit wobbly for the first few meters then OK, they have a bike for people to ride, 50.00 BHT for the bike and a helmet, all finished and out the door at 9.30am, I am 74 so if I can do it anyone can. Will go and see if I can buy a bike at the Auction near Bang Kapi on Sukhaphiban Rd on Saturday, should be OK have bought hundreds of cars and bikes at auctions and other ways in OZ , was in the motor trade all my life before coming to Thailand and can count in Thai,,, hope this helps someone.

Congratulations Pe Merlen. You're an inspiration sir or madam. Keep having fun and be safe. May I ask if you have a style or model of blke in mind?

edit - bl%$dy typo again...

Edited by andrew55

Congratulations Pe Merlen. You're an inspiration sir or madam. Keep having fun and be safe. May I ask if you have a style or model of blke in mind?

edit - bl%$dy typo again...

Bike is really for my wife, we have to move to Pattaya and she will need it for going to work, she has finished two weeks course at Honda Ridding place another two weeks before she is finished, should be safe and capable then, I am booked in to do the same course, just to see if I am still OK on a bike, will buy a Honda Click, don't want the wife on anything bigger than that, would not know what would happen,,,,,

• Like 1