Viktor Bout Prefers Thai Prison

webfact

"Russian businessman Victor Bout’s..........."

I thought he was a gun runner....

Based on the pictures of him entering the Thai prison system and those of him leaving with US authorities about 40 lbs lighter, my guess is that he just misses that healthy, lowfat diet he was getting in Bangkok

ha ha ha, yes!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Victor Bout has been in solitary confinement for over a year."

Anyone guess why the prison would decide to do that? Seems a bit excessive.

It's commonly done in terrorism cases and it's a good punishment. People like him don't fear the death penalty but they do fear solitary confinement in Supermax.

I would like to see you or some close members of your family locked up in a Supermax as a result of your bizarre comments on this forum

Then, when you emerged from the nightmare of solitary confinemnet, maybe you would become a terrorist and change your arrogant little tune.

Good grief where do all these newbies come from. Comparing comments made on Thai Visa to be the same as selling arms to terrorists

Please don't tell me you got your sense of right and wrong on this planet.

The mistake most people make is that they think people are sent to prison for punishment for their crimes.

That is not what prison was created for. It was meant to separate prisoners from society. Some where down the line some thing went wrong. Particularly in the State's they have more people incarcerated per capita than any other country in the world.

That is based on today's statistics not based on some population in a far smaller populated country 70 years ago.

Prisons the world over need upgrading to humane points. Not to the point where they are holiday resorts like some of the new ones in the States. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 7 11 on some of the new minority security prison's.

I see where here in Thailand they are going to create a new prison with 600 cells to hold only one person.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

I love this forum as it gives all of us here in the land of Smiles a chance to share our views together online without fear of being censored, unlike in the People's Republic of China, where every comment is monitored in real time

This is indeed one of the great advantages of democracy and I am so pleased to see that this wonderful forum allows every member to express himself or herself without fear.

I think it is appropriate to take a minute to thank all the moderators and administartors here for their excellent work in promoting online democratic expression.

What a harmonious forum it is, indeed, and how pleased I am to be a member. although I must admit that I am depressed to hear that Viktor Bout is in solitary confinment at the moment.

Personally, I think he should be awarded a medal for helping the FARC, but then again, who am I to say?

• Like 1

" Victor Bout has been in solitary confinement for over a year."

Anyone guess why the prison would decide to do that? Seems a bit excessive.

It's commonly done in terrorism cases and it's a good punishment. People like him don't fear the death penalty but they do fear solitary confinement in Supermax.

I would like to see you or some close members of your family locked up in a Supermax as a result of your bizarre comments on this forum

Then, when you emerged from the nightmare of solitary confinemnet, maybe you would become a terrorist and change your arrogant little tune.

Good grief where do all these Bozo's come from. Comparing comments made on Thai Visa to be the same as selling arms to terrorists

Please don't tell me you got your sense of right and wrong on this planet.

The mistake most people make is that they think people are sent to prison for punishment for their crimes.

That is not what prison was created for. It was meant to separate prisoners from society. Some where down the line some thing went wrong. Particularly in the State's they have more people incarcerated per capita than any other country in the world.

They is based on today's statistics not based on some population in a far smaller populated country 70 years ago.

Prisons the world over need upgrading to humane points. Not to the point where they are holiday resorts like some of the new ones in the state. Wouldn't surprise me to see a 7 11 on some of the new minority security prison's.

I see where here in Thailand they are going to create a new prison with 600 cells to hold only one person.

Yes, I appreciate what you say, but I think solitary confinement is inhumane. Many people are driven completely insane by that, and often it seems that the State seeks to destroy its enemies rather than merely seperate them for society.

Very understandable. Thai people are less brain damaged than Americans. On top of that are American prisons actually more psychiatric hospitals and because they are commercial you are considered a product rather than a human. But Americans think otherwise though, they would truly think that they have the best system in the world even the best judicial system and the latter is actually the worst of the worst.

Thai people are less brain damaged than Americans.You must be American then. cowboy.gif

Very understandable. Thai people are less brain damaged than Americans. On top of that are American prisons actually more psychiatric hospitals and because they are commercial you are considered a product rather than a human. But Americans think otherwise though, they would truly think that they have the best system in the world even the best judicial system and the latter is actually the worst of the worst.

You are right, if Americans were not brain damaged, they would outsource their prisons to Asia.

Edited by wxyz

He is an arm dealer. For his crime, he deserve to be hang actually.

The government is a representation of the people.

Governments in many nations do arms deals.

What nation is you from? Just wanna know if we should hang you too.

Are you saying that there is NO legal way for one nation to sell arms to another nation?

Edited by wxyz

Are you saying that there is NO legal way for one nation to sell arms to another nation?

On the contrary, all countries and companies should be allowed.

It is the fascists that dislike this, as they like to control who can and can not.

the prisons in the USA are barbaric and not much different than they were 150 years ago. Really says something about how unenlightened America is compared to Europe. Further, anyone accused and tried in the USA is guilty until proven innocent. Only morons unfamiliar with the system are allowed on the jury so the prosecutors and politically dependent judges can convict most anyone whether they are guilty or not. And that's dam_n right the US Government doesn't want any competition in the arms or terrorism industry. We're number 1 in the most disgusting.

Really?? I can't argue your apparently vast experience, sounds like sour grapes from a former guest of the system IMO..

A former warden of the Supermax prison in Florence, Colorado characterized the place as a "clean version of hell." Interestingly, the convicted "Unabomber", Ted Kaczinski reportedly does OK in such conditions, as he is imprisoned in the Florence, CO Supermax.

the prisons in the USA are barbaric and not much different than they were 150 years ago. Really says something about how unenlightened America is compared to Europe. Further, anyone accused and tried in the USA is guilty until proven innocent. Only morons unfamiliar with the system are allowed on the jury so the prosecutors and politically dependent judges can convict most anyone whether they are guilty or not. And that's dam_n right the US Government doesn't want any competition in the arms or terrorism industry. We're number 1 in the most disgusting.

Really?? I can't argue your apparently vast experience, sounds like sour grapes from a former guest of the system IMO..

A self hater it appears, if he is on the lamb, obviously Thailand is not the place to be.

Thailand will send people to the USA. Hmmm I wonder where those hamas guys are now?

Edited by wxyz

A self hater it appears, if he is on the lamb, obviously Thailand is not the place to be.

Thailand will send people to the USA. Hmmm I wonder where those hamas guys are now?

I have to say that I had no idea that things like cable TV, phones and air conditioning existed 150 years ago blink.png I'm glad he informed me...

Edited by WarpSpeed

A self hater it appears, if he is on the lamb, obviously Thailand is not the place to be. Thailand will send people to the USA. Hmmm I wonder where those hamas guys are now?
I have to say that I had no idea that things like cable TV, phones and air conditioning existed 150 years ago blink.png I'm glad he informed me...

These boys don't get TV, phones and aircon.

Radkiter is correct the prisons are barbaric in the US. The problem is that some years back the prisons went over to commercial contractors and the prisons for profit system started. Since that point the number of prison sentences handed down in the USA has risen 500%. Prisons for profit means profit for shareholders and that does not mean pool tables, TV's computers etc etc. Amenities are at an absolute minimum.

The conditions that people are held in just awaiting trial (remember innocent until proven guilty) are an afront to any Human rights. Often those awaiting trial are held in large cells where the right to every square centimeter of space must be fought over. Often people awaiting trial for minor offences are in cells with murderous thugs and are beaten relentlessly, and the prison for profit authority doesn't care, unless an official complaint is made. Make an official complaint and you are a dead man walking.

A condition of commercial companies taking over prisons was that they wanted them full as thats how they make a lot of money. Hence you will be banged up for little reason in the States. They are not interested in giving you parole unless there is someone waiting to take your place for an equally long time.

As someone described it...a clean version of Hell would sound right. The USA has more people in jail per head of population than any other country on Earth!

Victor, unlucky sunshine, it looks like game over and in 30 years he will be begging for the death penalty, like tens of thousands of others banged up in the USA.

A self hater it appears, if he is on the lamb, obviously Thailand is not the place to be. Thailand will send people to the USA. Hmmm I wonder where those hamas guys are now?

These boys don't get TV, phones and aircon.

Radkiter is correct the prisons are barbaric in the US. The problem is that some years back the prisons went over to commercial contractors and the prisons for profit system started. Since that point the number of prison sentences handed down in the USA has risen 500%. Prisons for profit means profit for shareholders and that does not mean pool tables, TV's computers etc etc. Amenities are at an absolute minimum.

The conditions that people are held in just awaiting trial (remember innocent until proven guilty) are an afront to any Human rights. Often those awaiting trial are held in large cells where the right to every square centimeter of space must be fought over. Often people awaiting trial for minor offences are in cells with murderous thugs and are beaten relentlessly, and the prison for profit authority doesn't care, unless an official complaint is made. Make an official complaint and you are a dead man walking.

A condition of commercial companies taking over prisons was that they wanted them full as thats how they make a lot of money. Hence you will be banged up for little reason in the States. They are not interested in giving you parole unless there is someone waiting to take your place for an equally long time.

As someone described it...a clean version of Hell would sound right. The USA has more people in jail per head of population than any other country on Earth!

Victor, unlucky sunshine, it looks like game over and in 30 years he will be begging for the death penalty, like tens of thousands of others banged up in the USA.

He has a private room, so why complain. Nobody trying to get romantic with him. Maybe that's the problem.

Edited by wxyz

This is a story from a Russian newspaper. Hard to believe that his high profile status is anything but first class in the MCC in New York. So the point of The Nation in reprinting this was what? We can surmise that their motive was to "sell us" on the idea that Thai prison conditions are superior to New York.

This story was not reprinted by "The Nation" but reposted by "Thaivisa"

Same point. The motive appears to be "selling us that prison conditions in Thailand are superior to New York, and Viktor Bout is the testimonial for this waste of space.

A prisoner complaining about prison conditions, that must be a first???

Well vik if you cant do the time you shouldnt have done the crime.

What crime? IMO if the guy was directly involved in a war against the USA, then the military should handle it on their terms. A prisoner of war perhaps?

Why is he treated like a civilian who broke US law? In addition it looks like US officials entrapped him. So in other words, the FBI poses as bad guys, tapes everything, and picks up random people from around the world who had agreed to go ahead with the plan presented (and invented by) the FBI in the first place.

That's not justice, that's just silly.

Imagine Russian officials going into the USA, finding a criminal, entrapping him with a fake story, then arresting him and deporting him to Russia. Everyone would just go <deleted>?

BTW the FBI does the same thing with home grown "terrorists". They have a special unit which goes undercover, invents terror plots ("let's blow up X and Y"), and provides planning aid and tools to execute these terror plots. As soon as the suspect agrees, they nab him. Can't find the article right now but I remember that over 90% of all terror plots prevented by US officials since 2001 fall in this category. As it's easiest to solve those cases that you came up with in the first place...

• Like 1

It is NOT entrapment, it is undercover investigating and securing evidence for conviction, perfectly legal.

Sadly the BIB does none of that here. They have more important things to do, like collecting tea money from jet ski scams. The same technique is used to find and convict people selling endangered species here in Thailand by outside agencies. You don't want to be caught, don't get involved in criminal activity, simple as that.

Edited by wxyz

I love this forum as it gives all of us here in the land of Smiles a chance to share our views together online without fear of being censored, unlike in the People's Republic of China, where every comment is monitored in real time

This is indeed one of the great advantages of democracy and I am so pleased to see that this wonderful forum allows every member to express himself or herself without fear.

I think it is appropriate to take a minute to thank all the moderators and administartors here for their excellent work in promoting online democratic expression.

What a harmonious forum it is, indeed, and how pleased I am to be a member. although I must admit that I am depressed to hear that Viktor Bout is in solitary confinment at the moment.

Personally, I think he should be awarded a medal for helping the FARC, but then again, who am I to say?

Unless your version of events is contrary to the mainstream media/corporate/(western)government line and then you will be called a conspiracy theorist and most definately censored.

• Like 1

Hmm, the morality is pretty dodgy... but consider that of the 5 largest arms-exporting countries, 4 of them are permanent members of the UN security council. (if you go to the top six, all 5 permanent members).

So what you are saying is that he's bad because he does it privately instead of representing a major government?

Ya, so much better here where you can just pay a bribe and walk away from any crime you commit.

You can walk away from any crime in the US too. You just need a million dollars or so, to pay your lawyers. Just look at OJ, and countless others. The way the system works there is the corruption is hidden. Just as corrupt. But, you pay the lawyers instead of the judge, you pay the lobbyists, instead of the politician directly, etc. Same, Same.

You can walk away from any crime in the US too. You just need a million dollars or so, to pay your lawyers. Just look at OJ, and countless others. The way the system works there is the corruption is hidden. Just as corrupt. But, you pay the lawyers instead of the judge, you pay the lobbyists, instead of the politician directly, etc. Same, Same.

Besides small fish like OJ look at all the bankers that caused the collapse not one jailed yet.

Look at the top 10 campaign contributors to both the Republican & Democratic parties & there is your answer

There lies the Too Big to Fail/Jail

• Like 1

"I love this forum as it gives all of us here in the land of Smiles a chance to share our views together online without fear of being censored, unlike in the People's Republic of China, where every comment is monitored in real time"

You have been eating TOO much soylent green,

it causes MAD human disease like feeding cows to cows causes MAD cow disease.

Edited by wxyz

Ya, so much better here where you can just pay a bribe and walk away from any crime you commit.

Don't forget the Kennedys, like Mary Jo Kopechne at Chappaquiddick, the point is, in Thailand. like so many other things, it cost much less to achieve injustice. OJ is in jail btw. Sometimes money don't mean sheet. hehehe

Edited by wxyz

A prisoner complaining about prison conditions, that must be a first???

Well vik if you cant do the time you shouldnt have done the crime.

he didn't do any crime for Russian and Thai law.

Really, so gun running is LEGAL in Russia and Thailand. Sounds like a good business to get into then.

Edited by wxyz