Are Dogs More Important Than Kids?

Neeranam

I know in the West some people care more about their pets than their kids, but I never thought I would see dogs being more important than kids in Thailand! :o

What about a forum for kids and/or family?

I think you've got it wrong, but people who dont have kids will treat them as well as one would their children.

Ive yet to see a kid in the dog house and the dog in the house.

I find turd more interesting than kids to be honest especially when other people bleat on about theirs endlessly.

A separate branch which I could easily avoid sounds like a real winner.

I know you Prof, your a big softy really :D:D But i do agree about the sepaerate forum......to avoid :o

On my last mini bus trip to Chiang Rai, the driver didn't deviate around a dog that was sleeping in the middle of a dirt road.

I was horrified at the sound of the dog tumbling along the undercarriage of the mini bus. I couldn't bring myself to look out the rear window to see if the poor animal survived.

The driver didn't slow down at all. It was obviously an intentional act.

I wonder what he would have done had the dog been a child.

> Unfortunately a lot of people that have kids had no desire to have

> them at all.

Well, nature works that way. :o

I agree for a separate subforum. And actually as it seems the same sort fo people who would have pets usually also end up having kids, I vote to make it one and the same forum for pets & kids. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

of course! See in Africa, people die like flys, because no food and in western countries, they run to the doc if their pet did not eat one day the 5 US$ petfood.

But don't worry the asians are following this idiotic beheaviour, you see already the pet food departments in the supermarkets. :o

Maybe we should promote to take an african baby instead of a German Sheppard.

I know in the West some people care more about their pets than their kids, but I never thought I would see dogs being more important than kids in Thailand! :D

What about a forum for kids and/or family?

> Maybe we should promote to take an african baby instead of a German

> Sheppard.

At least babies eat less. :D Would save a ton on Alpo.

> How do I stop my kids from biting the postman?

Muzzle. :D I think Fisher Price have them on their online store.

But okay, I think I sense some resitance against merging with the pet forum. Was just looking to find a way not to end up with 100 sub forums.

So... how about merging with the ladies forum? I mean its ladies who have them kids anyway dont they? :o

This whole forum thing could be so much simpler if we just had one sub forum for Farang Men and then one subforum for everything else. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao [taking cover]

>  Unfortunately a lot of people that have kids had no desire to have

>  them at all.

Well, nature works that way. :o 

I agree for a separate subforum. And actually as it seems the same sort fo people who would have pets usually also end up having kids, I vote to make it one and the same forum for pets & kids. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

NO WAY!!!!

While most people with kids have pets (because most kids want them), reverse isn't true. Lots of people including me have a pet and no kids. And besides, the issues aren't at all the same...no one is looking for the best school to send his/her pet to, or worrying about his teenage pet getting in with the wrong crowd. No disposable versus cloth diaper dilemma (although we could get a good thread going on pros and cons of different brands of kitty litter no doubt). No issues about the pet running up the phone and internet bill. No cross-cultural issues with the pet at all.

Separate forums, please.