Non 0 Marriage Visa

hi guys,

i am currently on a non-o marriage. my 1 year extension is due to expire 3rd march.(this will be extension number 3) i will be travelling out of thailand on 1st april to myanmar. is there any point to me jumping through the hoops to get a further 1 year extension (multiple entry 4000 baht or single 1900 baht) or can i get a 3 month extension to visit wife (1900 baht) to tide me over for a month.

i will have to travel back to thailand every 11 weeks to get another business visa at the myanmar consulate in bangkok so i can return to myanmar.

on a seperate note, does anybody know of another myanmar consulate in another country close to myanmar. i would like to go to a different country to experience some other cultures if possible. been living in Thailand 9 years so seen that and bought the t-shirt.

thanks in advance for all advice.

regards. wai.gif

"...is there any point to me jumping through the hoops to get a further 1 year extension (multiple entry 4000 baht or single 1900 baht) or can i get a 3 month extension to visit wife (1900 baht) to tide me over for a month."

Is the underlined part in reference to re-entry permits? Single = 1000, multiple = 3800.

I don't think there is a 90 day extension available, but there is a 60 day one that is pretty painless to get. It's for visiting the wife. Marriage certificate, her ID card and house registration, plus photo(s).

I guess a lot would depend on how long you'll be here each time. If less than 30 days, a visa exempt entry would work for you, assuming you'll return here by air.

You have to get a new visa every couple of months? That may give people who regularly complain about Thai Immigration and Consulates reason to pause.