Mag Scooter Wheel Buckled

wana

noticed an ugly dent in a mag wheel today but not sure where to fix it

and more importantly how much it should cost ?

probably a vice grips and a hammer could fix it 90% but ive never worked with mag wheels

and dont know muchabout them so il leave it in somewhere

how do you upload an image file that is stored locally on your own computer ?

i liked the old forum software better

Just hit more reply options below right of the posting window

Then at the bottom you will see choose file to find the file & then attach a file

Edited by flying

my image files were larger than 2mb and thats why they got stuck on the upload process

but it looks a bit like tthis one :

http://www.google.co...1t:429,r:6,s:20

You should downscale the image to e.g. 800x600 or 1200x800 pixel. Most times there is no need for 2mb uploads.

If you use Windows you may can use "MS Paint" for this, if you haven't got any decent Grafic Software like Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShopPro, etc..

Haven't tried it, but may this tutorial helps: http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-an-Image-in-Microsoft-Paint

my image files were larger than 2mb and thats why they got stuck on the upload process

but it looks a bit like tthis one :

http://www.google.co...1t:429,r:6,s:20

You should downscale the image to e.g. 800x600 or 1200x800 pixel. Most times there is no need for 2mb uploads.

If you use Windows you may can use "MS Paint" for this, if you haven't got any decent Grafic Software like Photoshop, GIMP, PaintShopPro, etc..

Haven't tried it, but may this tutorial helps: http://www.wikihow.c...Microsoft-Paint

I know how to resize the images on a computer but i was trying to upload it from the same phone i took the pic with and i didnt check the file

size was around 3.5 Mb

you can resize them online quickly as well even if you have no software on www.resizepic.com

Recently bent the the front wheel on my Versys. Pretty easy to fix at any decent wheel shop - they remove tire, heat the rim and hammer it back into shape with a rubber mallet and block of wood. Total cost 300 Baht smile.png

that sounds very reasonable

but mine might be a bit longer because its a back wheel

i noticed the chain a bit loose on the er6n and brought it down to rama 9 kawasaki yesterday

they had bikes spilling out the doors but they gave me an appoinntment for the 22nd to get it full serviced

i went down to dr bike with it this morning and they fixed the chain ,adjusted the clutch cable and

gave it back to me perfect for the princely sum of 50 thb :)

amazing thailand

Recently bent the the front wheel on my Versys. Pretty easy to fix at any decent wheel shop - they remove tire, heat the rim and hammer it back into shape with a rubber mallet and block of wood. Total cost 300 Baht smile.png

that sounds very reasonable

but mine might be a bit longer because its a back wheel

i noticed the chain a bit loose on the er6n and brought it down to rama 9 kawasaki yesterday

they had bikes spilling out the doors but they gave me an appoinntment for the 22nd to get it full serviced

i went down to dr bike with it this morning and they fixed the chain ,adjusted the clutch cable and

gave it back to me perfect for the princely sum of 50 thb smile.png

amazing thailand

Forgive a stupid question, I know very little about scooters- why does it make any difference which wheel it is?

Do you not know how to adjust your chain or clutch cable?! passifier.gif

Edited by BigBikeBKK

im just guessing its more work to remove a rear wheel than a front one but maybe it isnt ? ive not taken apart a cvt scooter before either

actually ,the clutch was ok to begin with ,they just adjusted it slightly and it does feel a bit more responsive now :)

i dont pretend i know more about big bikes than guys who fix them for 10-12 hours a day so im happy to take the advice of a mechanic when he tests something and feels it needs a slight adjustment to make it run better

is that ok for you bbk ?passifier.gif

im just guessing its more work to remove a rear wheel than a front one but maybe it isnt ? ive not taken apart a cvt scooter before either

actually ,the clutch was ok to begin with ,they just adjusted it slightly and it does feel a bit more responsive now smile.png

i dont pretend i know more about big bikes than guys who fix them for 10-12 hours a day so im happy to take the advice of a mechanic when he tests something and feels it needs a slight adjustment to make it run better

Whatever gets you off cupcake- if you want to waste your time riding across town to two different shops just so you can have your chain tightened go for it! Do they check your tire pressure and make sure there's gas in the tank too? passifier.gif

i like riding around flower wink.png some people actually use their bikes rather than take pictures of them constantlyclap2.gif

look at me ,i have a bike! licklips.gif

And most know how to do basic maintenance as well.

BBBKK is correct you should know how to adjust your chain. Its actually in the users hand book.

what would happen if your doing one of your wonderful rides and find you have a slack chain??????

I can understand IF it's part of the servicing or if you have no tools. (aren't they under the seat on the kawa)

and in answer to your original question. i believe the set of wheels for the Nouvo is around 3,000b for the pair.

How does a picture of a resprayed CBR confirm the police getting the Cbr?

Also the cbr150 is now in white tri colour. and i believe the white parts will fit the 250.

actually ,the clutch was ok to begin with ,they just adjusted it slightly and it does feel a bit more responsive now smile.png

Whatever gets you off cupcake- if you want to waste your time riding across town to two different shops just so you can have your chain tightened go for it! Do they check your tire pressure and make sure there's gas in the tank too? passifier.gif

i like riding around flower wink.png some people actually use their bikes rather than take pictures of them constantlyclap2.gif

look at me ,i have a bike! licklips.gif

And most know how to do basic maintenance as well.

BBBKK is correct you should know how to adjust your chain. Its actually in the users hand book.

what would happen if your doing one of your wonderful rides and find you have a slack chain??????

I can understand IF it's part of the servicing or if you have no tools. (aren't they under the seat on the kawa)

i dont have tools and the manual is in thai

it cost 50 thb to let a professional do it properly and going to his shop took a few minutes

FWIW everytime ive brought a big bike in to get the chain tightened they use a car jack to raise the bike up and tools under the seat arent gonna do that

im happy ,mechanics happy ,bikes happy

<<baiting comments removed>>

Edited by metisdead

and in answer to your original question. i believe the set of wheels for the Nouvo is around 3,000b for the pair.

Also the cbr150 is now in white tri colour. and i believe the white parts will fit the 250.

put your glasses on and you will notice a emergency siren mounted on the back

they have been making a fleet of these bikes since months ago ,if theyre not for the cops you tell me who theyre for ???

what does a tri color cbr 150 have to do with dr bike making custom police cbrs 250s ?

Edited by wana

i dont have tools and the manual is in thai

it cost 50 thb to let a professional do it properly and going to his shop took a few minutes

FWIW everytime ive brought a big bike in to get the chain tightened they use a car jack to raise the bike up and tools under the seat arent gonna do that

im happy ,mechanics happy ,bikes happy

only bbbk is crying passifier.gif

Those are tears of laughter cupcake wink.png

The tools are under your seat, but I suppose you probably don't know how to take your seat off, eh? passifier.gif

A car jack to adjust a chain?! Sound like some real competent mechanics alright! drunk.gif

yes, we should all take advice from a guy who drowned his bike trying to ride it under water clap2.gif

Yep that's me! Sure was an adventure :D

You shouldn't be afraid of pushing your limits and trying something new. Learning to adjust your chain would be a good start passifier.gif

MCAdventureR1.JPG

this for folks who thought it was a rumour the police are getting white cbr 250s wink.png

I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the police had to buy their own bikes (like they have to buy their own guns). Seen the BIB in many different bike variants, Tiger (most often, and I think it was because there was some deal), old CBR 150, all the way up to an old 1000CC kawasaki tourer (it belonged to a colonel; "colonel so and so" was stenciled on the side of the bike).So it could be a police bike, as in set up to be sold to a police officer.

this for folks who thought it was a rumour the police are getting white cbr 250s wink.png

I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that the police had to buy their own bikes (like they have to buy their own guns). Seen the BIB in many different bike variants, Tiger (most often, and I think it was because there was some deal), old CBR 150, all the way up to an old 1000CC kawasaki tourer (it belonged to a colonel; "colonel so and so" was stenciled on the side of the bike).So it could be a police bike, as in set up to be sold to a police officer.

theres so many different divisons of thai police its hard to follow them all but the tiger boxer 200 was rumoured to have been subsidised so each cop only had to pay about 30k for it and they could get them on credit over a few years

funny you should mentioon it because it reminds me of a big chopper i saw beside kao san rd station once and a ninja 250 down beside victory monument that were fully kitted out to be police bikes ( some cops can afford cooler wheels than others )

i guessed maybe they were confiscated bikes at the time

theres a couple of big 1200s that the airport police use but i suppose you cant take any chances thesedays with airport security

Yes, I think you are right about the police bikes. I recall speaking to a cop about why they went for the Tigers and it had something to do with a back hand deal with the police bosses receiving money under the table for getting the cops to buy the Tigers.

I know what you are talking about with the 1200cc bikes. But these aren't the normal BIB, I think that these particular police are a special division specifically to do with protection of HM the King or are special Royal police or something. The King's police usually take the big BMW's, and no I don't think the cops pay for the bikes. I've also seen them on Honda VFR'S.

4e232301.jpg

Then you see them on something like this:

TH_police_with_(not_police)_motorcycle.jpg

Or this

bangkok-traffic-police-motorcycle-704006.jpg

or this

CBR%20150%20-%20Police%20Spec.JPG

Yes, I think you are right about the police bikes. I recall speaking to a cop about why they went for the Tigers and it had something to do with a back hand deal with the police bosses receiving money under the table for getting the cops to buy the Tigers.

I know what you are talking about with the 1200cc bikes. But these aren't the normal BIB, I think that these particular police are a special division specifically to do with protection of HM the King or are special Royal police or something. The King's police usually take the big BMW's, and no I don't think the cops pay for the bikes. I've also seen them on Honda VFR'S.

4e232301.jpg

Then you see them on something like this:

TH_police_with_(not_police)_motorcycle.jpg

Or this

bangkok-traffic-police-motorcycle-704006.jpg

or this

CBR%20150%20-%20Police%20Spec.JPG

lest us not forget the emergency rapid response unit

they roll in 3's :D

3-police.jpg

put your glasses on and you will notice a emergency siren mounted on the back

they have been making a fleet of these bikes since months ago ,if theyre not for the cops you tell me who theyre for ???

what does a tri color cbr 150 have to do with dr bike making custom police cbrs 250s ?

I was told that the BMA did those bikes for the Tesaket. Not quite police, but close enough.