Failed To Do 90 Days Report

ChinesePanda

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or don't do anything. They don't actually check when you leave the country; so as long as you leave the country before your next visa extension date is up, nobody will care, or fine you.

I just realized I'm a week or two over myself. Big deal; I'm not due for an extension until December, and will have several international trips before that.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Or don't do anything. They don't actually check when you leave the country; so as long as you leave the country before your next visa extension date is up, nobody will care, or fine you.

I just realized I'm a week or two over myself. Big deal; I'm not due for an extension until December, and will have several international trips before that.

I wonder if they will scan the barcode when you leave (if you have one)?

Maybe it will show up as 'non reporting at 90 days' and you leave the country minus 2K. wink.png

On one occasion it dawned on that I was well into the seven days grace so I planned a visit for 90 day on the following Monday.

Sat, Sun where days 6,7 and I though that as they where closed I would be OK.

Wrong Monday day 8 so B2,000 fine.

john

On one occasion it dawned on that I was well into the seven days grace so I planned a visit for 90 day on the following Monday.

Right. It's a farcical requirement anyway. Can't really be bothered.

john

It's supposed to be 200 B/day, up to a maximum of 2000 B. Not 2000 B for being over by 8 days.

But your mileage may vary, as the cliche goes.....;)

john

It's supposed to be 200 B/day, up to a maximum of 2000 B. Not 2000 B for being over by 8 days.

But your mileage may vary, as the cliche goes.....wink.png

I thought they'd put it up to 500 baht a day now.

To OP i'd just go along and pay the fine. Better than worrying about if they check it when you leave the country etc.

When you leave the country, aren't you required to show the receipt of your last sign-in?

The last two times I flew out, I watched the Immigration official at the airport process my passport and he unfolded the 90 day report receipt and checked it out.

Edited by Dante99

When you leave the country, aren't you required to show the receipt of your last sign-in?

The last two times I flew out, I watched the Immigration official process my passport and he unfolded the 90 day report receipt and checked it out.

I never get close enough to see what they're checking. those foot marks and standing in front of the camera seem to restrict me.

Edited by uptheos

I wouldn't like to be seen encouraging breaking a law or requirement but 'a good friend of mine' hasn't reported for 90 days for roughly 3 years and has had a new visa issued twice with no questions asked. Do a border hop. Get a new TM card and the clock resets itself.

john

No wonder the staff are all wearing gold jewelry - you were cheated man.

Last time i was overdue they DO check for the proper Depature date and

They DO fine you 500baht a day,

if you have a long overstay you can haggle a bit

chog dee

ya i got fined 500 a day for being late to a 90-day check-in on a 1-year visa.

you can go either 10 days before or after the actual date. i went 15 days late because i didnt realize they had changed my date from the end of the month (as i had been going for 3 years) to the beginning of the month.

my wife threw a fit and they excused the fine tho lol

john

But your mileage may vary, as the cliche goes.....wink.png

I thought they'd put it up to 500 baht a day now.

To OP i'd just go along and pay the fine. Better than worrying about if they check it when you leave the country etc.

My only overstay of a full 8 hours cost me 500 baht in Sadao..... Edited by animatic

why not give up the whole stupid 90 day reporting for once and all ? no use at all... if you move to another address, ok, go report it, i would understand it, but this is just childish... you have to prove allready so much every year... anyon with me ?

Overstay 90 days repport in Thailand:

http://www.stickmanw...ayReporting.htm

Ignore this link to Stickman in 2008 it is incorrect. The 90 days resets when you leave the Country and starts again when you return, all immigration Officers are following this rule. You must report 7 days up to the expiry date of you 90 day report period in person or send 10 days prior if you send the report form by post.

If you are renewing your visa and you failed to report your 90 days on time you will get fined. It is true in the early days many did not bother reporting and the immigration officers used their discretion to wave the B500 fine (at that time), but even my Daughter who was born in the UK and came here aged 2 years has been fined B2,000 because my Thai Wife thought it would be "Mai Bpen Rai" as usual.

A German friend of mine who has been here years, refused to pay the fine for late reporting which the immigration officers discovered when he renewed his Visa last year. He point blank refused to pay the fine and demanded to see the Head Officer who advised him to leave the Country as soon as possible and then the 90 days will be reset and there would be no fine due, providing he was not singled out at the Airport. As he was due a trip to Hongkong he went out and came back with the 90 days reset. He tries now to go on business trips before the 90 days elapses. I have been doing the same as much as I can.

why not give up the whole stupid 90 day reporting for once and all ? no use at all... if you move to another address, ok, go report it, i would understand it, but this is just childish... you have to prove allready so much every year... anyon with me ?

Sorry no.