Posh Train

UKJASE

hey guys.... last week (i think it was) i saw a really nice train go through hua hin..... i was waiting at the crossing and an orient express style train went thro..... lots of nice tables with candles etc.... plus an open air bit on the last carriage so people could pop out and enjoy the view

it said the name of the train service was "eastern asian express" or something.... (sorry i forget the name... it was written on each carriage)

anyone know anything about this train..... where it was going, and how much to ride on it etc??

any links to the service??

khop kun khrap......

that's the one - http://www.orient-express.com/web/eoe/journeys/4_129704.jsp

thanks Georgy..... would be a great journey to do, but $2440 for the cheap seats seems a little expensive

anyone rode the regular trains down to KL or singapore? are they a good experience? safer than mini vans i guess :)

i love trains me..... choo choo

• 4 weeks later...

Hua Hin-Butterworth...departs 7.30pm everyday arrives next day 1pm...cost 1,180 Baht, ask for bottom bunk..great journey

Do you have to make a forward booking for this, or can you just arrive on spec at HH station?

I presume that if you want a special place, like a bottom bunk then it will have to be pre booked. Is the station the only place to book these trips? What kind of services do they provide on this overnight trip, as I am thinking of travelling down myself and was considering driving down - yes I know its a long way; but at least I would have my own vehicle when I arrive and probably going for 4/5 weeks to have a look around so having my own transport whilst I'm there seems to make sense.

Anybody done this and got any advice?

That is not the Orient Express train but the normal Thai Bangkok to Penang that poster is talking about for 1,xxx baht. The Orient Express will be considerably more.

Prices

Pullman Superior/Single US$2,440

State Cabin US$3,560

Presidential Suite US$5,150

That is not the Orient Express train but the normal Thai Bangkok to Penang that poster is talking about for 1,xxx baht. The Orient Express will be considerably more.

Prices

Pullman Superior/Single US$2,440

State Cabin US$3,560

Presidential Suite US$5,150

HI Lopburi3,

Thanks for the pricing of the Asian Orient Express. If you read my question, you will see that I was obviously refering to the daily train and not the 'posh' one. Don't think I will be taking the 'posh' one at those prices.