Valentine'S And The Older Thai

hands22

I know that Valentine's day is a big occasion for the younger Thai generation. What about the older thai: age 35 and above? Do they celebrate Valentine's day at all? I will be not here in Bangkok to celebrate Valentine's day and I wonder if sending flowers to my 35 year old teerak will be a good idea? Do they celebrate this day at all or would they expect something more than a bouquet???

All of my previous ladies have expected a little something for Valentine. Most of them have been 30+. Nothing extravagant. Maybe a meal, some flowers.

One younger one wanted gold. She was dumped fast :)

Flowers alsways seem to go down well across most of the world. And I believe a little thought in that respect can go a long way.

hubby wouldnt know valentines if he tripped over it. from his neck of teh rice paddy, neither birthdays, valentines day or anything other then khao pansa and the Royals' birthdays are celebrated. he doenst even remember his own birthday and cant undestand why we would celebrate. but then again, he is very very up country.

its only recently gained ground here, and strictly, i suspect , for commercial reasons... so not expecting so much as a flower, let alone a pair of earrings or something. he will say: if u want, go buy yourself a pair.

hubby wouldnt know valentines if he tripped over it. from his neck of teh rice paddy, neither birthdays, valentines day or anything other then khao pansa and the Royals' birthdays are celebrated. he doenst even remember his own birthday and cant undestand why we would celebrate. but then again, he is very very up country.

its only recently gained ground here, and strictly, i suspect , for commercial reasons... so not expecting so much as a flower, let alone a pair of earrings or something. he will say: if u want, go buy yourself a pair.

Sensible guy... But where is the laughter button when you need one?

Flowers for a lady are always well received... even if men think it's a silly idea... which it is.

Sensible guy... But where is the laughter button when you need one?

Flowers for a lady are always well received... even if men think it's a silly idea... which it is.

The GF sheepishly asked for a gift on Valentines Day. I told her "No gift for Valentines Day!" Now that I've lowered her expectations, I'll probably get her a little something.

The very premise of valentines is an oxymoron.

I hear they're auditioning for the latest series of 'Grumpy Old Men' giggle.gif

Ha. That's an audition I'll win with ease.

I'm still right though. biggrin.png

Of course you are

wrong old men is an oxymoron

Before we were married, I sent a floral package of a dozen red roses and a cute little teddy bear from the UK; cost me 100GBP. When I spoke to her later that day, she was pleased enough but not overly chuffed.

A couple of years and a wedding later, we were visiting her sister and I suggested buying some flowers for the sister when I saw them on sale in the local market. Roses there were THB10 each.

No wonder she hadn't been impressed!

Before we were married, I sent a floral package of a dozen red roses and a cute little teddy bear from the UK; cost me 100GBP. When I spoke to her later that day, she was pleased enough but not overly chuffed.

A couple of years and a wedding later, we were visiting her sister and I suggested buying some flowers for the sister when I saw them on sale in the local market. Roses there were THB10 each.

Don't worry, i sent my wife flowers last year. Took the effort to find a good shop on the internet and get them sent to her. I was in Belgium and she in Thailand. They were not cheap as well. Couple of weeks ago i was talking about buying flowers for last Valentines day and she said," you have never done that before".

I won't be doing it again. She really couldn't remember me buying a really nice bunch of flowers on Valentines day. Who forgets that. angry.png

I looked all over Chiang Mai for Valentines cards for my girlfriends and couldn't find any. I guess I was just looking in the wrong places. I finally gave up and got out my watercolours and painted a few cards myself. It didn't cost the usual 79 baht, but it took a lot more of my time.

I was told later that the culture minister (meaning censure minister) is trying to stop Valentines day in Thailand... The reason given is that more Thai teenagers get pregnant on Valentines Day than any other time in the year.

I looked all over Chiang Mai for Valentines cards for my girlfriends and couldn't find any. I guess I was just looking in the wrong places. I finally gave up and got out my watercolours and painted a few cards myself. It didn't cost the usual 79 baht, but it took a lot more of my time.

I was told later that the culture minister (meaning censure minister) is trying to stop Valentines day in Thailand... The reason given is that more Thai teenagers get pregnant on Valentines Day than any other time in the year.

Does the man have any clue. Under ideal circumstances, if healthy sperm get beyond the cervix into the uterus and up to the fallopian tubes, they can live as long as 5-7 days after ejaculation. On average, though, sperm live about 3-4 days once they’ve made it all the way to the fallopian tubes, where fertilization takes place. So they might of not even had sex on Valentines day. Doesn't matter what day it is, you can't stop hormone crazed kids.

Don't worry, i sent my wife flowers last year. Took the effort to find a good shop on the internet and get them sent to her. I was in Belgium and she in Thailand. They were not cheap as well. Couple of weeks ago i was talking about buying flowers for last Valentines day and she said," you have never done that before".

I won't be doing it again. She really couldn't remember me buying a really nice bunch of flowers on Valentines day. Who forgets that. angry.png

that will teach you to sign the card "love, me"

Thai traditional VD celebration means buying some cute heart-shaped stickers at some stationery store and then attaching it to any female that comes within arm-reach.

Then you can hit the bars with a couple sheets.

VD day? Veneral Disease day? Considering all the leching going on :P

The very premise of valentines is an oxymoron.

I hear they're auditioning for the latest series of 'Grumpy Old Men' giggle.gif

I think we should be able to run our own version, here at ThaiVisa, with absolutely no problem ! tongue.png

And perhaps a special-version of 'Blind Date', for admirers of a certain 'hot' & 'fragrant' new PM ? cool.png

giggle.gif Not to be rude...but why even ask such a silly question?

When she was 25 and a pretty young female did she enjoy a little extra attention from you?

Now that she's...let's just say...50 years old...but she's still female isn't she?

The only thing that's really changed is that 25 years have gone by.

So, get with it

Incidently, I just read a statistic that really surorised me....but thinking about it later I realised I shouldn't have been surprised.

It was that the fastest growing population on internet "dating" sites is not the young but as they describe it, "those over 50 years of age".

giggle.gif