3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

Yes we know the bombers are Iranian, but that does not mean the Iranian government was involved.

What other reason would Iranian terrorists be in Bangkok building bombs? It is not a large leap of faith to deduce that they are state sponsored. Especially with the heightened political rhetoric taking place; re: sanctions on Iran for their uranium enrichment program, car bomb killing Iranian scientist. Hopefully to BiB will "persuade" the bad guys to talk.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we know the bombers are Iranian, but that does not mean the Iranian government was involved.

What other reason would Iranian terrorists be in Bangkok building bombs? It is not a large leap of faith to deduce that they are state sponsored. Especially with the heightened political rhetoric taking place; re: sanctions on Iran for their uranium enrichment program, car bomb killing Iranian scientist. Hopefully to BiB will "persuade" the bad guys to talk.

Especially as there were near simultaneous attacks on Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia. The Iranian motto is quite straightforward: "Death to everyone!"

Especially as there were near simultaneous attacks on Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia. The Iranian motto is quite straightforward: "Death to everyone!"

"The Israeli Defence Minister, Ehud Barak, said that the attacks were further proof that Iran and its proxies endanger the stability of both the region and the world" (from popular Melbourne Australia newspaper, in 'World News' section on same subject, can't include link) - not saying I agree/disagree, just that whether this turns out to be a genuine Iranian plot/or instead an unrelated event, the Israeli Defence department will use the event while possible.

Edited by jaymqinBKK

At this point it is highly speculative and actually a bit illogical to assume Iran has anything to do with this. Hezbollah is not Iran and is not even Iran based regardless of what Israel wants people to believe. It is a based in Lebanon and always has been. The only ties to Iran is the accusation that Iran provides financial support as does Syria as well as Muslims in general who provide most of its funding. It is a terrorist group whose main goal is/was ridding Lebanon of Israelis and Israeli influence ... though they seemed to have expanded this to wanting to see Israel wiped off the map. Their purpose is not to serve Iran and Iran's suspected support is due to believing in their extreme Islamic cause and not because Iran pulls their strings. By no means is Hezbollah a political tool of Iran but it does follow the extreme Islamic teachings of the late Ayatollah Khomeini.

Much like entering a movie theater 20 minutes after the show started, you have missed quite a bit in 700+ posts. Iranian passports found at the scene and on the bad guys. Iranian currency found in the safe house. It's all in the thread. Please do try to keep up.

5555555!

I am SOOOOOOOO Happy to see that dirty f$%&k with his OWN legs blown off. The only shame is that nobody walked up and threw salt on his legs.

but if his legs were blown off what good is putting salt on them? clap2.gif

lol theres the good!

Wonder if salt works on STAR FISH also, must try that soon and report back...

At this point it is highly speculative and actually a bit illogical to assume Iran has anything to do with this. Hezbollah is not Iran and is not even Iran based regardless of what Israel wants people to believe. It is a based in Lebanon and always has been. The only ties to Iran is the accusation that Iran provides financial support as does Syria as well as Muslims in general who provide most of its funding. It is a terrorist group whose main goal is/was ridding Lebanon of Israelis and Israeli influence ... though they seemed to have expanded this to wanting to see Israel wiped off the map. Their purpose is not to serve Iran and Iran's suspected support is due to believing in their extreme Islamic cause and not because Iran pulls their strings. By no means is Hezbollah a political tool of Iran but it does follow the extreme Islamic teachings of the late Ayatollah Khomeini.

Much like entering a movie theater 20 minutes after the show started, you have missed quite a bit in 700+ posts. Iranian passports found at the scene and on the bad guys. Iranian currency found in the safe house. It's all in the thread. Please do try to keep up.

5555555!

After preaching hatred and destruction for over 30 years and trying to top off every brain with BS, the Iranian government bears full responsibility for any erratic behaviour of their citizens abroad.

So I was just discussing this event with my wife and asking her what are they saying on the Thai news channels. She tells me that on Ch 3 they stated that they are not sure yet as to why this happening but it might be a RESULT of the recent statements made by the US Embassy.

This is no joke. I am being serious with relating what I was told by my wife that they are speculating on the Thai news. That this attack might have been the result of the US Embassy's statement.

Wow! That's incredible and scary. Does anyone know about the extent of Thai purchases of Iranian oil?

Based on that logic then all the USA Embassy needs to do is post a warning on it's site saying they expect a terrorist attack on Iranian nuclear facilities ;) Job done.

• Like 1

Orac said, "So why was he trying to get a taxi???"

Because a bomb had already gone off accidently at his residence. He, and two other terrorists were hauling ass to get away. He must have grabbed a few grenades on his way out to facilitate his escape.

The taxi refused to pick him up because he was already covered in blood. He panicked, and in anger, threw the grenade at the taxi.

It will be interesting to see what is discovered at the place that had the accidental explosion.

If hezbolla is training southern muslims in jihad, things will get exponentially worse.

There are at least two more terrorists in Bangkok that fled the scene after the first explosion.

I am surprised by the amount of muslim terrorist sympathizers on the board, and that doesn't bode well for the future of Thailand.

The police should arrest at once all muslim terrorist sympathizers on this board.

They are the 5th column

Many farangs come to drink and go to go bars and etc

Iranians come to build bombs

Israel to "settle the score" for Bangkok attack

JERUSALEM - An Israeli Cabinet minister says his country will "settle the score" with the perpetrators of a bombing attempt in Bangkok http://www.cbsnews.c...bangkok-attack/

Wow! That ups the ante!!

For the life of me, I cannot make any sense out of any of this story. NOTHING adds up!

As I've stated before on other threads, the die are already cast, the war is here, the rest is just theatre.

One thing that puzzels me is why would Iran sponser a few acts of relatively minor terrorism knowing full well that they would be inciting an invasion into their country at a later date.

Its like a weedy little kid throwing stones at a bully knowing that the bully will catch up with him and put him in hospital.

Of course Iranian Government was not involved, the mulahs are holy men, they have even stopped eating meat, now they just eat rice pudding!

So who was behind the boming ? of course my sister's cat's grand mother .

I'm wondering if there is any person or entity with the means to quickly set up an account so we can to make donations to the victims. Can you imagine what 20 or 50 baht x many TV members would mean to people like the taxi driver...the cops that made chase?

I was thinking thaivisa.com or "Bangkok Bank Guy"...or any one with a connection to Chula Hospital. Whomever!

So easy to get mad over this...I want to do something peaceful and proactive.

The Thais will not learn anything from this at all, you will still see people putting their bags down in the shopping centres and going over to get some food, I feel like going into Paragon and shouting bomb when I see it, see what happens.

These guys bought the parts here from someone, that is what the Police should be doing, finding the supplier.

And the Embassy warnings will happen again, the Thai government will say there is no problem, then in a couple of weeks time it will happen again.

The other part of this story that I heard was the Iranians were having a fight with one another and starting throwing things and bombs at each other, this came from the Thai news, what a load of drizzle...

One thing that puzzels me is why would Iran sponser a few acts of relatively minor terrorismput him in hospital.

How do you know that the terrorist attack that they were planning was minor? The conspiracy theory types always seem to come up with excuses for terrorists that have no basis in logic or fact.

Much like somebody with huge comprehension issues you fail to grasp, in my very clear post, that the Iranian government and citizens of Iran are two different things as Hezbollah is yet a third.. And yes, I missed any news reports of 3 passports found in the apartment or that any currency was found in the apartment. I did read that both Iranian and American (maybe working for the USA?) currency was found on the blown up guys pants along with his passport. Another man was caught at the airport attempting to leave the country but I guess he must have had another passport with him since you say his was at the house. The final unidentified man is on the run, I guess it is just taking time for officials to translate his name and copy his photo from his passport in order to provide these details to the public.

I'm wondering if there is any person or entity with the means to quickly set up an account so we can to make donations to the victims. Can you imagine what 20 or 50 baht x many TV members would mean to people like the taxi driver...the cops that made chase?

I was thinking thaivisa.com or "Bangkok Bank Guy"...or any one with a connection to Chula Hospital. Whomever!

The thai government is already handing out sums of up to 7 ml baht to victims of civil unrest in the south and those involved in the riots last year. I think they have it covered.

Bad news , I am coming back to Bangkok tomorrow from working in Oman. I hope it thus not make my wife crazzy , we are planning to go shopping in Pratunam.

We can not stop doing what we are normally doing. we will not give up living for some others believe.

A free world , in a beautiful country

Enjoy your day

peter

I think you would get more responses from members if you set up a board where members can complain to them about Thailand and Thais in general and why they can only blame themselves for being injured. I think there is already some posters who seem irritated that the government may offer some compensation to them.

Personally, I applaud your consideration and concerns for the injured.

• Like 1

At this point it is highly speculative and actually a bit illogical to assume Iran has anything to do with this.

Much like somebody with huge comprehension issues you fail to grasp

KeyserSoze01 has no problem comprehending that Iranian passports and money makes it pretty likely that these bombers are from Iran. whistling.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.