My Cbr250R Has Gone To A New Home

BSJ

I was thinking the exact opposite this morning.

Have been made an offer and thinking of selling it.... then the ride in this morning was bliss, the bike's running perfectly.... smooth as silk, 25,000km and not rattle or buzz.... the pirellis glued to the road and the lightness of it being flicked through the bends was great. Thought to myself 'why the hell am I planning on getting the N650 again?'.

Edited by red1green0

What didnt you like about it?

After the initial rush of enthusiasm of having a CBR the day to day riding experience was disappointing. OK, it's the first 250 I had ridden on a day to day basis for many years (previous 250 was a Yammie XT), the last small bike for me!

After the break-in period the motor sounded more rattly than when I first rode it. The power 2 up with topbox full was wanting at highway speeds. The pinging when doing roll-ons never went away. And the mechanics in Pattaya were reluctant to address any issues I raised...which maybe attributed more to their lack of training than their real ability.

It didn't feel right, so I sold it! Now for something.....better.

There is a different bike for every want and style of riding. If I was carrying a 200 pound passenger all the time I would NOT be so much in love with my 250 D-tracker. I had a guy who was 6 foot 4 inches and about 240 pounds behind me last night and I could CERTAINLY feel the difference. If I was riding the 1200 pound Harley back in Canada I wouldn't have known he was there.

I just sold my CBRrr 150 last week and am going through withdrawl symptoms. But the guy that bought her was cool and promised to take good care of her though.

Next Bike please, think i'll get CBR 250 and modify it to agitate people :)