Work Permit - Non O Marrige

Hi people, just wondering If someone could clarify the advantages of a marriage visa when applying for a work permit? I believe minimum salary is 40,000 as opposed to 50,000. Interested in the capitol and staff ratio requirements?

Cheers in advance

You might get better results by providing more info. There are some pretty smart mod's in here but really more info would be better.

For instance having a Marriage Visa has no advantages when applying for a work permit really. They are two separate things.

If you will be working for an employer then they will require you get a Non-B visa first.

If Getting a WP for your/her own business then it is different.

You cannot just "apply" for a WP with no reason as it is a process here.

I hope the gurus can help but suggest giving them more info to work with. :)

the 40,000baht rule is for Immigration to get an extension.

The 50,000baht rule is for the Ministry of Labour, so as to issue a WP, unless you are a teacher.

Some local Labour offices will not issue a WP to a holder of a Non O based on marriage, for some reason, they prefer the applicant to have a Non B.

the 40,000baht rule is for Immigration to get an extension.

The 50,000baht rule is for the Ministry of Labour, so as to issue a WP, unless you are a teacher.

Some local Labour offices will not issue a WP to a holder of a Non O based on marriage, for some reason, they prefer the applicant to have a Non B.

The list of requirements given to me by the immigration officer last month states "a letter of gaurentee from company of 40,000 baht sallary. could this be because Im married?

A 12 month extension from Immigration based on having a Thai Wife is 40,000 a month or 400,000 in a Thai bank.

A 12 month extension from Immigration based on Employment is 50,000 a month for most Western Passport holders.

1. European countries (except Russia), Australia continent, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A.

Baht 50,000/month

2. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

Baht 45,000/month

3. Asian countries (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam), South America continent, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

Baht 35,000/month

4. African countries (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam

Baht 25,000/month

You might get better results by providing more info. There are some pretty smart mod's in here but really more info would be better.

For instance having a Marriage Visa has no advantages when applying for a work permit really. They are two separate things.

If you will be working for an employer then they will require you get a Non-B visa first.

If Getting a WP for your/her own business then it is different.

You cannot just "apply" for a WP with no reason as it is a process here.

I hope the gurus can help but suggest giving them more info to work with. smile.png

I’m a New Zealand national, here on a non O marriage visa with Thai/New Zealand child. I have a company which in turn is a subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar Thai organisation, wanting to hire me as sales support and a technical advisor to key accounts. The Ceo Is Australian and the only foreigner working there. About 15 staff in total.

A 12 month extension from Immigration based on having a Thai Wife is 40,000 a month or 400,000 in a Thai bank.

A 12 month extension from Immigration based on Employment is 50,000 a month for most Western Passport holders.

1. European countries (except Russia), Australia continent, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A.

Baht 50,000/month

2. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

Baht 45,000/month

3. Asian countries (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam), South America continent, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

Baht 35,000/month

4. African countries (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam

Baht 25,000/month

Hi lite beer, do you have a recent list for "minimum income required to issue a work permit" if it makes any difference I have a non O marriage visa. Cheers

As far as I know there is no minimum requirements to issue a Work Permit.

However different Labour Offices may well impose there own limits.

Hopefully someone who knows for sure will be along soon.

No minimum for teachers..

Only a few labour offices, Bangkok and Surathani come to mind, seem to currently require a minimum income as in the list above.

For marriage it would probably be 40,000.

But certain jobs don't have a minimum income requirement at all: like teachers, people working for the government and members of the media