Funding Reqts For O-A Visa

Hello all

I'm approaching the magic 50 years and have just started looking into O-A visas. Could someone please clarify the requirement for income/funding?

Specifically, I don't necessarily have the full 800,000 *income* each year, but I do have enough *existing* reserves to cover this amount each year for a good few years to come. Can I just declare/prove another 800,000B of my own money each year or does it have to be actual *income* ?

The text here and here seems to suggest that it is acceptable to have either (aa) a single deposit; or (bb) a monthly income or; (cc) = (aa)+(bb) as long as they total ~800,000 B pa

However, the web site for the London Embassy(*1) talks only about an annual or monthly *income* and the website for the Hull Consulate(*2), only talks about a monthly *income* option.

Am I overcomplicating things here? I don't yet fully understand what country's bank account these funds need to be in and for how long (i've seen some stuff about both 90 and 60 days). Is it the case that I can just ship 800,000 B from my UK bank account to a Thai bank account each year and that will be seen as 'income', or do I actually have to have fresh money coming into my estate ? What is the explanation for the differences between the mfa's text and that of the UK Embassy/Consulate ? Do we expect different requirements from different embassies ? Would I have to apply in some location other than the UK if I don't have the 'income', just the capital?

And while I'm here, where does the money have to be (i.e. in foreign or Thai bank accounts) and for how long ?

Sorry to be asking what should be obvious - could someone please spell it out for me?

TIA

--------------

actual text from the websites:

*1-London: Copy of bank statement having in possession of annually income equivalent to Thai currency at least 800,000 Baht or monthly income 65,000 Baht. (approximately GBP 14,000.00/annum)

*2 Hull: (from document abb): Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £900 per month.

Edited by BringMeSunshine

The non immigrant O-A can only be issued by London so don't even consider Hull if that is what you want. That Hull requirement is for a multi entry non immigrant O visa which you do not want. The other option is to just get a single entry non immigrant O visa and extend in Thailand but then the money would need to be in Thailand.

The London Embassy is the same as MFA but they mis-used the work income when meaning bank deposit. So if you have 800k or more in an account or can prove 65k per month income they can issue the visa.

What many do and does not require the extra police report/medical is to obtain extension in Thailand by transfer of 800k into Thai bank account or use Embassy letter of 65k income or a combination of the two. As you can not apply until the last 30 days of a 90 day entry the money would have time to be in account the required 60 days. You do not have to transfer new money each year just be above 800k for the three month prior to renewal.

• Like 1