Latest U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan kill 21 suspected militants

News_Editor

I repeat that most of those killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan are killed in inter-faith violence, not by drones or foreign troops. And there are many more than 3K killed in areas other than the ME who like me have no interest in their bronze-age myths.

you mean the smart bombs, cruise missiles, cluster bombs, depleted uranium projectiles and various other ordinance raining down on Iraq and Afghanistan were "Christian" which killed muslim Sunnis and Shias and that's why you call it inter-faith violence?

apropos myths... perhaps you should replace your myths with facts?

I think you understood my meaning. Muslims are much more likely to be killed by someone of the same faith with some slight variation than any threat external to their religion. Not to long the same could be said for christians, and was the adult theme for Gulliver's Travels.

It is no myth that most of those killed in Iraq died after the Iraqui army surrendered at the hands of their fellow countrymen, with a little help from Iran of course.

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In essence what this thread is about is the US using drones and other means as a weapon against the perpetrators of Terrorism against the West and "Un believers", to be realistic the choice is quite simple Either you think the Muslims are morally justified in their war against us, or you think that the US is not morally justified in stopping them ,I have made my views quite plain in saying that the US is acting within its rights , whether you out there think the Islamic fundamentalists are acting within their's by carrying out Suicide killings against innocent people , such as London,Bali,Madrid ,Mumbai,etc etc is your choice,personally this is my last word on the subject as it,s now bordering on the ridiculous!

Ridiculous............But it is interesting how folks can throw religion in to suit *their* purposes/excuses

The US is not acting within any rights to be killing fields of civilians in foreign countries with which the US congress has not declared war.

If folks feel some compelling belief that the tribes in east nowhere Pakistan care about the US civilians or their religion well....You put way too much faith in the rhetoric you are fed through the media prism

The facts remain the same....The US has occupied foreign soil killing in an undeclared war for over a decade now. What is the limit?

What is the goal?

Religious zealots from either side will always find a way to claim their belief is right & the reason they are killing others is because others want to kill them for their beliefs....Truth is far from either,

Truth is religious zealots are scary no matter what side of the world they are from.

It is simple minds that like to point at events & knowingly claim they are in fact backed by religious zealots...Yes they may be... but yet many are in fact false flags perpetrated by other/opposite side religious zealots.

So if it was not religion being the motivating force behind the suspected militants why pray were Uzbeks and in other cases individuals even holding US or UK passports doing in Pakistan to be shot at in the first place? There are better places to go on holiday than what the U.S government describes as the most dangerous place on earth.

In essence what this thread is about is the US using drones and other means as a weapon against the perpetrators of Terrorism against the West and "Un believers", to be realistic the choice is quite simple Either you think the Muslims are morally justified in their war against us, or you think that the US is not morally justified in stopping them ,I have made my views quite plain in saying that the US is acting within its rights , whether you out there think the Islamic fundamentalists are acting within their's by carrying out Suicide killings against innocent people , such as London,Bali,Madrid ,Mumbai,etc etc is your choice,personally this is my last word on the subject as it,s now bordering on the ridiculous!

Ridiculous............But it is interesting how folks can throw religion in to suit *their* purposes/excuses

The US is not acting within any rights to be killing fields of civilians in foreign countries with which the US congress has not declared war.

If folks feel some compelling belief that the tribes in east nowhere Pakistan care about the US civilians or their religion well....You put way too much faith in the rhetoric you are fed through the media prism

The facts remain the same....The US has occupied foreign soil killing in an undeclared war for over a decade now. What is the limit?

What is the goal?

Religious zealots from either side will always find a way to claim their belief is right & the reason they are killing others is because others want to kill them for their beliefs....Truth is far from either,

Truth is religious zealots are scary no matter what side of the world they are from.

It is simple minds that like to point at events & knowingly claim they are in fact backed by religious zealots...Yes they may be... but yet many are in fact false flags perpetrated by other/opposite side religious zealots.

So if it was not religion being the motivating force behind the suspected militants why pray were Uzbeks and in other cases individuals even holding US or UK passports doing in Pakistan to be shot at in the first place? There are better places to go on holiday than what the U.S government describes as the most dangerous place on earth.

There are over 1 million pakistanis in the UK that i guess hold british passports. Most travel back every year to visit their family or marry a relative over there. Mixing that with drones firing at "suspected" targets its a good chance someone will get hit on holiday.

• Like 2

I repeat that most of those killed in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan are killed in inter-faith violence, not by drones or foreign troops. And there are many more than 3K killed in areas other than the ME who like me have no interest in their bronze-age myths.

you mean the smart bombs, cruise missiles, cluster bombs, depleted uranium projectiles and various other ordinance raining down on Iraq and Afghanistan were "Christian" which killed muslim Sunnis and Shias and that's why you call it inter-faith violence?

apropos myths... perhaps you should replace your myths with facts?

I was,nt aware this sort of ordinance was used in the Islamic terrorist London transport bombings ,Madrid /Bali /or Mumbai , and in any case in Iraq that was war , not quite the same scenario I would suggest .

There was no declaration of war on Iraq by the US.

The only difference has been the scale of operations and the resources available to the combatants.

The US has been involved in a number of military operations where a declaration of war was not present. Seems this thing is a bit ambigious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war_by_the_United_States

I thought this was kind of interesting report on all those drone casualties.

http://www.timeslead.../140462003.html

Hmmm, less civilian casualties than commonly believed. It certainly bears out what I have read from some Pakistani press reports, can't say I'm surprised though.

Interesting what the link says about how to tell if civilians or terrorists were killed - funerals are held for civilians but the bodies of the terrorists are taken away to be dumped elsewhere.

According to the link - which is based on interviews with civilians in the areas where the drones hit - out of 200+ strikes less than 60 civilians were killed, 38 in one strike, and some of the civilians are also family members of the terrorist fighters.

There are over 1 million pakistanis in the UK that i guess hold british passports. Most travel back every year to visit their family or marry a relative over there. Mixing that with drones firing at "suspected" targets its a good chance someone will get hit on holiday.

Many more British citizens come to Thailand for their holidays, so there is a chance some will be killed by some Muslim terrorists' bomb. Relative odds are hard to judge, as AFAIK neither event has occurred yet.

BTW your pakistani/brit holidayers could reduce their odds by not carrying an AK47 or grenade launcher, or holidaying in a terrorist training camp.

• Like 1

Oh <deleted>!!! rolleyes.gif Your view of the actions being taken is typically liberal OTT propaganda and smells just as bad too..

I thought this was kind of interesting report on all those drone casualties.

http://www.timeslead.../140462003.html

Hmmm, less civilian casualties than commonly believed. It certainly bears out what I have read from some Pakistani press reports, can't say I'm surprised though.

Shsssssshhh! They don't want to hear the reality, then they they might have to wake up and accept it for the truth..

Many more British citizens come to Thailand for their holidays, so there is a chance some will be killed by some Muslim terrorists' bomb. Relative odds are hard to judge, as AFAIK neither event has occurred yet.

BTW your pakistani/brit holidayers could reduce their odds by not carrying an AK47 or grenade launcher, or holidaying in a terrorist training camp.

Indeed.