Multiple Entry - Is There A Limit To Entries?

I recently got a Non-Imm O w/Multi Entry. I understand that there is a "use-by" date, All spaced out, I assume I can get (4) 90 days stays after re-entry that can spread the total visa time to just shy of 15 months.

Is there a limit to re-entries? Can I make weekly runs out of the country as long as I'm within the expiration date?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

No limit. To get maximum use your last entry should the day before the "use by" date. You will get 90 days, but you canot leave and re-entrer during that 90 days unless you purchase a re-entry permit - single 1900 baht, multi 3800 baht.

No limit. To get maximum use your last entry should the day before the "use by" date. You will get 90 days, but you canot leave and re-entrer during that 90 days unless you purchase a re-entry permit - single 1900 baht, multi 3800 baht.

In simple terms (if you do need to regularly go out of the country) the last 90 days costs 3,800 Baht.

Not worth it if you have to go out and come back regularly

Thank you 'wayned' for your quick response. As far as the "weekly runs out of the country" it was only for example. I was more concerned about taking the wife on vacation outside of the standard 90 day schedule.

Understood CMSteve - I have taken your hypothetical situation because if there is a need to obatin a single re-entry (and especially a multiple) it may make the +90 days financial unviable against getting a new non Imm 'o'.

I just want to see if my hypothesis is correct.

(I actually go out at least once a month so it is particularly relevant to me)

I have no desire to get into a pissing contest, cardholder, what's good for you is good for you. To correct my post #2, single re-entry permit is 1000 baht, not 1900 baht

I m just asking a question and want the opinion of someone with experience.

I am building my knowledge month by month and want to understand al the options/permutations. Particularly where I "think" I know the solution but wish to sound out others with greater experience.

Not a pissing competition - please give the benefit of your knowledge if you have the time.

Perhaps relevant here, what is the cost these days for a one year retirement visa multiple re-entry (non-imm O?

a multiple non-O costs 5,000 baht in local currency. As the exchange course is set by the embassy/consulate the actual cost mmight be a bit higher.

In simple terms (if you do need to regularly go out of the country) the last 90 days costs 3,800 Baht.

It appears to me that you folks may have missed the point. The gentleman did NOT say he had a retirement extension, only a Non-immigrant O, multiple entry. With that visa he is required to make 90 day border runs not immigration checks. Therefore he must make a border run at least every 90 days and the last day BEFORE expiration to get still a last 90 days. During that final 90 days he will be allowed to leave and re-enter but will only get 15 day by land and 30 more if by air.

It appears to me that you folks may have missed the point. The gentleman did NOT say he had a retirement extension, only a Non-immigrant O, multiple entry. With that visa he is required to make 90 day border runs not immigration checks. Therefore he must make a border run at least every 90 days and the last day BEFORE expiration to get still a last 90 days. During that final 90 days he will be allowed to leave and re-enter but will only get 15 day by land and 30 more if by air.

Dring the last 90 days, he can purchase a re-entry permit , either single or multiple, and it wil give him permission to stay to the original date upon re-entry, not just 15 or 30 days.

licklips.gif If you get a true multi entry visa it's good for one year from date of issue, and multi means each time you leave and return you get 90 days each time you re-emter Thailand. There's no entry limit.

And yes, you can stretch it to 15 months by exiting Thailand the day before it expires and immeadiately returning for a 90 day "permitted to stay" stamp ....which effectively gives you 15 months in Thailand.

I made 6 trips out of the country and returned on my one year multi entry visa each time, once back to the U.S....then it was time to "bite the bullet" and submit my paperwork for a retirement extension/visa.

It cost me 120 British pounds and I got it in Hull back in 2010...but now they are almost impossible to get now because the rules have become much tighter.

But it was worth the money then...and bought me a free year in Thailand with only minor hassles (you still have to do a border run every 90 days...even with a multi entry non O visa...as I had).

licklips.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Can I ask, where and when did you get your Visa? I guess you are over 50?

I had 3 Non Imm Multi Entry 'O' Visa's (and yes, each one effectively can last for 15 months) before Hull tightened up, I fitted all criteria except age, under 50.

On your visa (as long as it is a Non Imm Multi Entry 'O' Visa) you can come and go (leave the country) as much as you like on each 90 day stamp, you just have to leave before the end of the 90 days to get your next 90 days. Just before expiry of the visa, leave the country again for another 90 days, giving you another 90 days = 15 months approx in total. Not sure what people are talking about paying?

I am under 50 . I get non immigrant O multiple entry visas form HK .There is a notification on the wall stating single entry entry non O can be aplied for . If you can get a multiple entry it certainly gives you the freedom to come and go .

I got a Non-Imm O in Kuala Lumpur, based on marriage to a Thai national. I imagine they are unlimited as long as you stay married etc, but it'll probably be easier to get the extension based on marriage next year. < - not a big fan of big city's, especially in this climate.

Is it possible?

Have Multiple-O (OA)

Stamped in for one more year of 364 day

*Obtained a multiple re-entry permit

Can you continue to enter and exit the country for an additional year (as many times as you desire)?

How many days will be given on entry?

How does the expiration work? Tied to re-entry permit?

Thanks

You either have a non-O or O-A visa.

A multiple O-A visa is good for 1 year from date of issue. During that year you can travel to Thailand as many times as you want, each time you enter you can stay for up to 1 year.

So if you leave and re-enter THailand a day before the actual visa expires, you get a new 1 year permission to stay and can get 2 years out of your visa.

But only if you plan to enter Thailand before your visa expires. If you want to re-enter Thailand after your visa expires you will need to have bought a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand. The re-entry permit only keeps your permisison to stay alive.