Zayhi (Cheap Phone Calls) Out Of Business?

Beggar

I use(d) Zayhi to make phone calls to foreign countries. This because the rates are not bad and they have an access phone number here in Chonburi. But this does not work anymore. Just lost my money :-((((

Anyone who knows a different service where I can use a local access number?

Thank you for your response. ZayHi does not have a call back service. But I have an old user at TookDee and even some money left there.

I did not use it long time since with ZayHi I could use the local access number from my fixed phone line - I hate to use mobiles.

But now I see that TookDee has a call back service. They did not have this when I used it. Will have to check out if this works with my fixed line.

Thank you for this information!  

In the meantime I called the HQ of ZayHi. But just got the answer that they will call me back in some minutes - what they of course never did.

I guess I might be the only customer here in Pattaya. Because hours after my call they fixed it. It did not work for some days already. And I just wanted to give it a last try before I check out the call back service of TookDee :-)

I use 'international phone card'.to phone UK.

Card costs 300 baht valid for 6 months,

calls cost app 2 baht minute , landline to landline.very good line

Can buy from Tukom.,ground floor. small tour guide booth under the stairs next to Siam City bank.

Also checkout EasyCard.

http://www.easycard.in.th/index.php/en

I've used all of them at different points. Right now, EasyCard is my favorite on a cost/quality basis. Of course, my calls are mostly to the USA, for which they have very competitive rates.

A word of warning though. Their online system is broken. If you ever add something to your cart it is impossible to remove it without buying it. So do be careful if you are just clicking around.

BTW,

Never, EVER, use callback from a landline in Thailand unless you are 100% sure the person you are calling is using a digital phone, such as a mobile phone. The reason is because the analog switches in Thailand do not supply REMOTE side answer supervision. This means, when you hang up your phone from a callback call, the calling card is never notified. If additionally the party you are calling is on an old style analog switch, then the calling card is never told anyone hung up, and the call will run until your account is emptied.

This is distinct and different from FORWARD answer supervision, where you dial an access number directly. If you called an access number, and thus are the one being billed for the local call charges by the phone company, then you can use an analog phone without issue. The problem I discuss is only associated with callback, where you receive a call.

This is a function of the Thai phone service at your house, and is not a feature of the calling card provider. All calling cards will suffer exactly the same problems.

If you want to use callback, make sure you do so from a mobile phone, or make sure the person you are calling is on a mobile phone.

Edited by gregb

Also checkout EasyCard.

I've used all of them at different points. Right now, EasyCard is my favorite on a cost/quality basis. Of course, my calls are mostly to the USA, for which they have very competitive rates.

A word of warning though. Their online system is broken. If you ever add something to your cart it is impossible to remove it without buying it. So do be careful if you are just clicking around.

BTW,

Never, EVER, use callback from a landline in Thailand unless you are 100% sure the person you are calling is using a digital phone, such as a mobile phone. The reason is because the analog switches in Thailand do not supply REMOTE side answer supervision. This means, when you hang up your phone from a callback call, the calling card is never notified. If additionally the party you are calling is on an old style analog switch, then the calling card is never told anyone hung up, and the call will run until your account is emptied.

This is distinct and different from FORWARD answer supervision, where you dial an access number directly. If you called an access number, and thus are the one being billed for the local call charges by the phone company, then you can use an analog phone without issue. The problem I discuss is only associated with callback, where you receive a call.

This is a function of the Thai phone service at your house, and is not a feature of the calling card provider. All calling cards will suffer exactly the same problems.

If you want to use callback, make sure you do so from a mobile phone, or make sure the person you are calling is on a mobile phone.

Never had that happen at anytime in the past 5 years I've been using them.

Also checkout EasyCard.

BTW,

That just means the people you call are on a digital switch and the hangup signal comes from that end. It says nothing about what someone else's experience might be, and having worked in the industry for 15 years I can assure you there are no end of complaints to the Thai calling card call centers with customers complaining about this problem.

Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean everyone shouldn't be aware of its existence. I've never experienced a nuclear explosion either but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be wary of running across one.

Also checkout EasyCard.

BTW,

That just means the people you call are on a digital switch and the hangup signal comes from that end. It says nothing about what someone else's experience might be, and having worked in the industry for 15 years I can assure you there are no end of complaints to the Thai calling card call centers with customers complaining about this problem.

Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean everyone shouldn't be aware of its existence. I've never experienced a nuclear explosion either but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be wary of running across one.

So when you plan to go anywhere you check where the nearest nuclear dangers are to your destination?

http://batchgeo.com/map/a87855317fdfab0922206bca2dbd19b9

Edited by PattayaParent

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update - the Zayhi number in Pattaya does not work anymore (again).

I have a bad feeling about their future... Their website where you could check the calls has been broken for a long time already and I never got any response from their email support when the will fix it.

What gregb writes happened to me here already. I called with a fresh calling card (never used it before) and tried to make a 2nd call the next day. There was no money left anymore. It simply did not hang up on the other side. But not really correct - the other side hung up too but the system did not realize this.

This was my highest calling rate ever :-(

SMS TD99 to 4651019 and they will send you a PIN number to use for their system (Took Dee).

The callback number is 02 834 3188

Edit: it will deduct 99 Baht from your SIM so make sure you have enough money available first.

Edited by PattayaParent