Holidaymakers Up Prices

cdnvic

Holidaymakers up prices

Published on Nov 27, 2005

Home-buyers from Hong Kong and Scandinavia have become interested in buying residential projects in Hua Hin, lifting housing prices in the area by an average 15 per cent this year, according to Boat House Hua-Hin Co Ltd’s managing director Praphaisith Tankeyura.

He added that many land-developers had expanded their residential projects in Hua Hin, with 10 new projects including a total of 1,460 new residential units under way.

For most home-buyers in Hua Hin it will be their second home and used for vacations, as it is only two hours by car from Bangkok. As a result, housing projects in Hua Hin will focus on the middle to upper market.

Boat House Hua-Hin also offers a residential project called Boat House that has both detached housing and condominiums. The total project value is Bt4 billion.

The company has sold about 30 per cent of the total 514 units, of which 114 are detached houses and 400 condominiums. The prices are Bt3.5 million for a condominium and Bt10 million for a detached house.

Praphaisith said demand for housing in Hua Hin showed strong growth because Hua Hin had a good environment compared with other beaches near Bangkok, such as Bang San and Pattaya.

“We believe sales of our project will succeed next year and we will complete our construction within the next two years,” he added.

The Nation

I like Hua Hin but somehow it's on the wrong side of everything. Especially with the new BKK airport. For some, on the good side.

It's a myth that 230km distance can be travelled in 2 hours (except between 2-4am), it's more like 5+ hours drive from BKK.

My record long drive was 8 hours to get from Hua Hin to Ekkamai. And the baby shit itself, smell in the car, stuck in the traffic, could not pull out.

Long term

Pataya looks better from an investment perspective.

For what you pay in Hua Hin.

You can buy quality in Pattaya ...ie:NOT Falang ghetto.

I like Hua Hin but somehow it's on the wrong side of everything. Especially with the new BKK airport. For some, on the good side.

It's a myth that 230km distance can be travelled in 2 hours (except between 2-4am), it's more like 5+ hours drive from BKK.

My record long drive was 8 hours to get from Hua Hin to Ekkamai. And the baby shit itself, smell in the car, stuck in the traffic, could not pull out.

Long term

Pataya looks better from an investment perspective.

For what you pay in Hua Hin.

You can buy quality in Pattaya ...ie:NOT Falang ghetto.

With a lot of hessitation I would admit that.

As I see it, there is a strategic push to relocate or at least concentrate night life to Pattaya.

Reasonable rental returns if you own a property there.

Five reasons I go to Pattaya:

- close to BKK, on the highway

- beach resort

- good hospitals

- well supplied with everything

- The Pattaya water park, great for kids and families

And the 6th reason would be - from the new airport Pattaya would be even more accessible.

2 hours no.

2 1/2 - 3 hours no problem pretty well any time. minivan uses the same roads as a car.

5+ hours????

Say, 4 hours from the city. Just to go past TFB headquarters will take more than an hour.

Same sa Pattaya and it's 90 minutes journey. Always 3+ hours Ekkamai - Jomtien door to door.

I'm not a 70+ yrs old Volvo driver.

I dunno.

I take the minivan from Victory Monument to HH and its between 2 1/2 and 3 hours depending on traffic and weather.

Pattaya on the bus from Ekkamai always well under 3 hours, only once it was

3 3/4 but there was huge rain and an accident near Lam Chaeng.

My record BKK to Pattaya was 1h 45 but that was the 4:45am bus from Mo Chit.

Well I don't know about that but from Victory Monument to Hua Hin Central in a minibus it took 1 hour 45 minutes! Rock On! The driver was going flat out for about 60 % of the way pushin' 110 - 120 Kph on the highway. He made it through early evening rush-hour traffic no problem leaving bangkok! He earnt his money that day boys!

Certain areas of Bangkok are bad for driving though, I took a taxi from Victory monument to Eastern Bangkok (Ramintra) and it cost nearly 200 Baht and nearly two hours! Both more than what the groove minibus took me for!

Edited by JimsKnight

Well the price of land/property has skyrocketed in Hua Hin over the last 2 years. The local thais are talking about it all the time. The rich are buying huge junks, cutting it into smaller pieces and selling it as either land plots or building small villages with x number of houses. There seems to be many buyers, falangs 50 up age range. Remains to be seen if the property boom will be for better or worse for the town!