Thai Post 7 Baht Fee For Package

jackbox

Lately some packages from overseas have been assessed a 7 baht fee by the Thai post office. The postman collects it when he delivers the package. There is an official rubber stamp in Thai on the package that says something but I don't know what it says. Thais I have shown it to cannot explain it in English. I cannot figure out what this fee is for. Can anyone enlighten me?

Maybe they have added a 7% fuel surcharge or out of area charge for rural deliveries of overseas packages, Not knowing your situation difficult to pin down, could be a simple 'administration fee' if a signature is required....there are quite a few options

It is a customs fee for small packages arriving by postal mail. I often get those on large envelopes or small packages, but not every time. Don't know why the inconsistency.

Thanks. That is what I thought. The strange thing is that I get a lot of packages from overseas and this is the first time I have been charged the fee. I guess I have been lucky. My brother got hit with his first one last week and mine was today.

It is a customs fee for small packages arriving by postal mail.  I often get those on large envelopes or small packages, but not every time.  Don't know why the inconsistency.

Yep, me too, several times with books. Always 7 Baht. Then I discovered Kindle....