Pattaya To Ramkamhaeng Station By Bus - How ?

healthcaretaker

Can anyone advise how shall I do it ?

I understand this station is near or at Sukhumvit 71 road and the Pattaya bus terminates at the Eastern Bus station along Sukhumvit too.

If I return from Pattaya by bus, where can I alight to reach Ramkamhaeng ?

Is it much faster to take the Pattaya bus to Su airport and change to the airport link train; compared to getting to the Eastern bus terminal and take subway or sky train to Makkasan and connect to Ramkhamhaeng ? Or any direct bus ?

I will try to avoid the taxi unless really necessary. Thanks.

The airport link stops at Ramkamhaeng, so getting the bus to the airport is a good idea.

Otherwise, you'll have to take the regular bus to Ekkamai or On Nut and then BTS to Phaya Thai and then the airport link to Ramkamhaeng.

Sukhumvit Soi 71 is very long and Ramkamhaeng is right at the opposite end from Sukhumvit Road. At peak times the traffic is very bad. If you're travelling outside peak hours though, a taxi from On Nut or Ekammai would be quick.

• Like 1

Forget the regular blue bus, taxi, Suvarhabumi, Airport Link, Ekammai, Airport Bus, BTS etc. etc..................

The easiest, and cheapest way, to travel from Pattaya to Ramkamhaeng Road is by minibus from Talat Sophon on Third Road, Pattaya to "The Mall" in Bang Kapi. Then by taximeter to RamkamHaeng Soi 71........ or anywhere else on Ramkamhaeng Road. The minibus fare is 130 baht (approx).The Pattaya office telephone number, for booking the minibus, is 087-832-6202. The minibus will collect you from your location, as long as you are near Third Road.

Talat Sophon is on Third Road very close to the traffic lights on the junction with Soi 17 (you will always see a few white minibuses parked there).

Hope this helps. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Forget the regular blue bus, taxi, Suvarhabumi, Airport Link, Ekammai, Airport Bus, BTS etc. etc..................

The easiest, and cheapest way, to travel from Pattaya to Ramkamhaeng Road is by minibus from Talat Sophon on Third Road, Pattaya to "The Mall" in Bang Kapi. Then by taximeter to RamkamHaeng Soi 71........ or anywhere else on Ramkamhaeng Road. The minibus fare is 130 baht (approx).The Pattaya office telephone number, for booking the minibus, is 087-832-6202. The minibus will collect you from your location, as long as you are near Third Road.

Talat Sophon is on Third Road very close to the traffic lights on the junction with Soi 17 (you will always see a few white minibuses parked there).

Hope this helps. thumbsup.gif

Thanks. Sounds good, I can visit this mall too, but how regular is this minbus from Pattaya to Bangkapi Mall(correct ?) and how long will the journey takes ? Is it the final stop ?

Maybe between 40 minutes and 60 minute intervals. I use it a lot and, whenever I call the office to make a booking, the minibus arrives within 20 minutes. If the minibus is collecting you from where you stay, the booking will be confirmed by telephone by the driver. The driver will give you the registration number of the minibus so that you can identify it amongst the hundreds of others that ply the streets of Pattaya!!

Bang Kapi Mall is the final stop and the journey takes about 2 hours. It depends if the driver goes to refuel the minibus and if there are other "outlying" pick-ups planned.

Maybe between 40 minutes and 60 minute intervals. I use it a lot and, whenever I call the office to make a booking, the minibus arrives within 20 minutes. If the minibus is collecting you from where you stay, the booking will be confirmed by telephone by the driver. The driver will give you the registration number of the minibus so that you can identify it amongst the hundreds of others that ply the streets of Pattaya!!

Bang Kapi Mall is the final stop and the journey takes about 2 hours. It depends if the driver goes to refuel the minibus and if there are other "outlying" pick-ups planned.

Thanks agian but will all these communications(for the mini van) be possible if I don't speak Thai ?

2 hours ? Isn't a bus to the Ekkamai or Eastern Bus terminal also 2 hrs ?

Thanks agian but will all these communications(for the mini van) be possible if I don't speak Thai ?

The bus from Pattaya bus station to Ekkamai (or On Nut) is very easy, only 113 baht, runs every 20-30 minutes and takes around 2 hours, sometimes less. Personally, I would steer clear of mini-buses.

Maybe, but your journey doesn't end at Ekkamai, does it? Get to Ramkamhaeng, Bang Kapi and that's where you want to be. Bang Kapi is a little further also. Two hours door to door is very good.

As far as not speaking Thai, I'm sure that you can say "Pattaya" and also "Bang Kapi". The woman in the office in Pattaya speaks fair English. Why fret about all of this as it's child's play.

Maybe, but your journey doesn't end at Ekkamai, does it? Get to Ramkamhaeng, Bang Kapi and that's where you want to be. Bang Kapi is a little further also. Two hours door to door is very good.

As far as not speaking Thai, I'm sure that you can say "Pattaya" and also "Bang Kapi". The woman in the office in Pattaya speaks fair English. Why fret about all of this as it's child's play.

It depends...If I get to Ekkamai or On Nut, I can visit that area too. Depends also how easy is it to get the mini-bus and how's the bus condition. Remember my worst Thai journey is a mini-bus from Hatyai to Penang in Malaysia. The minibus is cramped and hot with poor a/c.