Settlement Visa Documents

Hi,

Wife has applied for settlement visa and has been notified that she can go in for the short interview whenever she's ready (we live together in Bangkok).

Just a question regarding the standard "document list" they send out with the above notification. I think we've already submitted pretty comprehensive documentation, just the odd thing we don't seem to have covered:

1. Your previous passport(s) or a copy of the police report, if lost [APPLICANT]

She replaced her previous passport that was lost over a year ago, submitting the police report as required at the Foreign Affairs Ministry. Do we have to contact the ministry or the police station and ask them to fish out the report? (assuming they still have it and would be willing to help us). Or is the embassy not likely to be interested in this "requirement" particuarly as my wife has already had a UK visa (visitors) previously granted which is in her current passport.

Any advice from those with experience greatly appreciated! :o

Hi Charles,

As the embassy has already placed a visit visa in the current passport, I shouldn't worry about it. If the visa officer asks for the police report, simply tell the truth and say it was kept by the MFA when the new document was issued. They ask for the police report as some people "lose" their passport when it contains something they want to conceal. Providing the embassy don't think you wife has anything to hide, it won't be an issue.

Scouse.