Public Urged To Watch Out For Suspicious Activities By Foreigners: Thai Army Commander

webfact

Funny! Theres a muslim insurgency in southern Thailand, where potential terrorists could easily be recruited but you have to watch out for pesky farang. I can imagine the calls now " sawadee khrap, there is a suspicious farang with a 6 foot tall katoey in soi 4, he is sun burnt and drunk, i think he is a terrorist..."

ermm.gif

With a beer belly bomb no less.

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayuth said there are only some 80,000 police officers in Bangkok and that they already have a heavy workload preventing and dealing with normal crime, so it was thus impossible for the public to depend solely on the police to prevent terrorism.

Shouldn't that read ".........a heavy workload sitting a traffic junctions in those little police boxes reading Thai Rath, snoozing behind mirrored sunglasses, chatting to their teenage mia nois on their cellphones whilst blatantly ignoring the myriad of traffic offenses going on right under their noses before f@cking off home at 6 pm, getting absolutely shitfaced on Black Label and arguing with their wife before staggering out into their soi in their vest and boxer shorts, waving their Glocks in the air and drunkenly threatening to shoot their neighbours"?

Hmmm, sounds familiar somehow...

It's very unfair to depict all Thai policemen is such a way. I know one who's not a bit like that.

Edited by bigbamboo

Yea, Thais are never the problem. Tell me again how many bombs to they detonate in the south every day?

They need a crackdown soon before Thailand becomes the hub of foreign bomb makers.

Though, I'd bet anyone here $100 that if you called the police to report something, they wouldn't even respond.

Funny! Theres a muslim insurgency in southern Thailand, where potential terrorists could easily be recruited but you have to watch out for pesky farang. I can imagine the calls now " sawadee khrap, there is a suspicious farang with a 6 foot tall katoey in soi 4, he is sun burnt and drunk, i think he is a terrorist..."

ermm.gif

Why was the kratoey sunburnt and drunk?

Yea, Thais are never the problem. Tell me again how many bombs to they detonate in the south every day?

They need a crackdown soon before Thailand becomes the hub of foreign bomb makers.

Though, I'd bet anyone here $100 that if you called the police to report something, they wouldn't even respond.

Are you sure you want to bet? I am going to call the police and tell them if they come fast i will give them 50$. In this way i will win 50$ and colonel somchai wins 50$.

Edited by stockholm1995

Well, that's bound to go well. Surely there are very few foreigners acting strangely in Thailand.

(mad giggle)

Well it probably would make more sense to report the ones not acting strangely. Maybe that is why the 3 suspected terrorists spent time with working girls in Pattaya before heading to Bangkok to build bombs :-)

But really ... I mean who comes to Thailand to spend time cooped up in a house in Bangkok with 2 other foreign dudes. That alone should raise suspicions.

We've got him on the list, i'm sure he won't be missed....

Well, that's bound to go well. Surely there are very few foreigners acting strangely in Thailand.

(mad giggle)

Well it probably would make more sense to report the ones not acting strangely. Maybe that is why the 3 suspected terrorists spent time with working girls in Pattaya before heading to Bangkok to build bombs :-)

But really ... I mean who comes to Thailand to spend time cooped up in a house in Bangkok with 2 other foreign dudes. That alone should raise suspicions.

We've got him on the list, i'm sure he won't be missed....

(mad giggle)

And did the punishment fit the crime???

In London the taxation is indirect, while here it is direct. No middleman. It is an efficient user-pays system.

Only 80000 police officers in Bangkok? That's more than twice as many as metropolitan London with a similar population.

Yeah, but I bet the wage bill is one fifth that of London's

That is a good point. My condo pay 30,000 baht a year to the police. I was a bit mystified, and asked why. I was told unless the money was paid, the police would not come if there was a criminal event at the building. Hmmm I guess the police here really are a bit different from the west......So the notion being presented here, that when you call and report a man in a turban acting in a suspicious manner, that the police will come rushing out to investigate , is patently absurd. I refuse to take your bet..... :-)

That is a good point. My condo pay 30,000 baht a year to the police. I was a bit mystified, and asked why. I was told unless the money was paid, the police would not come if there was a criminal event at the building. Hmmm I guess the police here really are a bit different from the west......So the notion being presented here, that when you call and report a man in a turban acting in a suspicious manner, that the police will come rushing out to investigate , is patently absurd. I refuse to take your bet..... :-)

There was a time when the Fire-Brigade used to operate, on exactly this same basis, in London.

Buildings would have a badge/sign, to show which insurance-company covered the building, and the company would send its own private fire-fighters to protect it, if there was a fire !

Thank-heavens we live in more-enlightened times, when public-services are supposed to cover all the people, in theory at least ! rolleyes.gif

Only 80000 police officers in Bangkok? That's more than twice as many as metropolitan London with a similar population.

They certainly have a plan in place to deal with bombers ... randomly shoot people unconnected to bombers.

Met Police chief Sir Ian Blair has apologised to the family of the Brazilian man shot dead by police in south London on Friday.

He said the death of Jean Charles de Menezes was a "tragedy", but admitted more people could be shot as police hunt suspected suicide bombers.

And of course many of them are kept busy banking their bribes from Rupert's journalists.

Britain's biggest-selling tabloid newspaper was fighting to contain the damage after five of its employees were arrested Saturday in an inquiry into the alleged payment of bribes to police and other officials, detectives and the newspaper's parent company said.

Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. said the five employees from The Sun tabloid had been detained and that police had searched their homes and the group's London offices, potentially deepening the scandal over British tabloid wrongdoing.

A 39-year-old female employee at Britain's defense ministry, a 36-year-old male member of the armed forces and a 39-year-old serving police officer with Surrey Police, were also arrested in an early morning raid, police said.

Edited by Suradit69

Yeah, but I bet the wage bill is one fifth that of London's

Crime solving statistics are probably one fifth of London's police also.

ermm.gif

Your first sentence is spot on as regards routine terrorist car bombs, pipe bombs, and the like. But, it is unlikely that local amateurs will be recruited for assassinations of high value targets.

Clearly a lot to be gained at 200 Baht a pop/cop. Back in the heady good old days you could buy one for 50 Baht. I guess you've gotta expect to pay more if you want higher quality.

I would think that a 80,000 police force would be adequate but they are already gainfully employed enforcing the strict traffic laws.