Back Home , Safe And Sound

350torana

Hey

I coudn't find the old thread . I don't know if anyone remebers. I had major issues with custody of my daughter... with my wife, and mother -in-law . Happy to say I got her back on Aussie soil :D:D The thing that really sucks is that we can never go back to the Land of Smiles , to much of a risk :o:D:D Can I still post here?

Just wanted to say thanks all those who gave me advice.

Good luck

Just hope the child protection mob don't tweek that taking a kid from LOS to Hobart could be considered abuse.

I hope the kid has some thermals for the first few months. :o

Did not read the old thread, but make sure you have some orders in the FCA made to prevent "kidnap" allegations. The FCA are inconsistant on Hague Convention matters.

Hey

I coudn't find the old thread . I don't know if anyone remebers. I had major issues with custody of my daughter... with my wife, and mother -in-law . Happy to say I got her back on Aussie soil  :D  :D  The thing that really sucks is that we can never go back to the Land of Smiles , to much  of a risk :o  :D  :D Can I still post here?

Just wanted to say thanks all those who gave me advice.

350torana, I did read your original post about the dramas you were having :D The last thing I can recall from that post (and another one) was that all was hunky dory with the missus, but the dog was crook. I am assuming from the title of this post that you are in Tassy with your daughter, but not your wife. If this is the case, protect your ass, and register everything and anything you can think of. I may be preaching to the converted, but it is in your best intrests to get birth certificates, citenzenship, passports etc etc sorted out asap. Are you working? If not, make CENTRELINK aware of the fact you have a dependent. Actually, even if you are, still tell them. Also, be pro-reactive (acting in anticipation of future problems, needs, or changes) State your case to a lawyer/barrister and get him/her to put on paper your concerns about your daughter. It does not have to go any further than that, but it is there for all to see at a later date, if required. Despite all of that, I am sure you will still have many issues with your daughters mother and family, how you handle that is up to you. But you know you can rely on many members of this forum for advice. Please keep us updated on how things pan out. Good luck :D

I'd start straight away and speak to a lawyer regarding custody and how to go about recording the abuse your daughter suffered at the hands of her mother's family.

You can pre-empt any problems by getting in there first.

Well done for acting in the best interests of your daughter, best of luck to you both and of course to your dad, who I believe is giving a huge helping hand.

The message that custody with dad is as good for a child, and often better, than custody with mother is a message that seldom gets heard.

GH

Sorry to bring this thread up again. Have been outta town visiting family.

My wife is with me. I had to lie and tell her I would come back to Thailand with her after Xmas. This won't happen and I think the <deleted> might really hit the fan when I tell her :D

I worry that dredging up all my wife's mental problems, hospital admmitances, incidences of abuse ect will effect her chances of further visas. I will never take my daughter back to Thailand , but I want my wife to be part of her daughter's life . Free to come and visit her anytime she wants .

Oh well, the plan is , hopefully, wifey will go back alone. Get off all the ###### medications (sleeping 18 hrs a day , like a zombie when she is awake, doesn't lift a finger to help me look after our daughter )with her family and friends around her for support . If she is ok for a month or two then we can discuss the future of our family

I think I have my ass pretty well covered , passports, birth cert, citizenship certifcate all locked away with a long time lawyer and family friend .

My only real worry is her family putting a contract on my head or something :o