Sausages!

fatbhoytim

:o Hi All, Will be leaving for Pattaya on boxing day and a friend has asked me to take over some real scottish sausages and black pudding. Is it safe to take through BKK airport or will I get grief from customs ? I dont want to let my friend down, but I can do without the hassle at the start of the holiday.Will it be alright ???

Cheers

:o Hi All, Will be leaving for Pattaya on boxing day and a friend has asked me to take over some real scottish sausages and black pudding. Is it safe to take through BKK airport or will I get grief from customs ? I dont want to let my friend down, but I can do without the hassle at the start of the holiday.Will it be alright ???

Cheers

You are not allowed to take any meat products into the Kingdom....although people do and many get away with it. With the current bird flu scare I personaly would not be taking the chance.

Good sausages are available in Pattaya and black pudding can be found on menus as well :D

I did it year in year out never had any problems (Cumberland 5 kilo a trip)........stopped doing it a couple of years ago because as Pattaya Fox points out both English sausage and Black Pudding are available here now on menus and in certain supermarkets.

It is illegal but the worst that can happen will be they are confiscated......... if you want to bring some through i cant see you having any probs.

My parents always take large amounts of Austrian sausages, but yes it is not allowed, but I don't think much will happen if they catch you.

but real scottish sausages and :o black pudding..... thats not food that might be handled as biologial weapons........

:D Hi All, Will be leaving for Pattaya on boxing day and a friend has asked me to take over some real scottish sausages and black pudding. Is it safe to take through BKK airport or will I get grief from customs ? I dont want to let my friend down, but I can do without the hassle at the start of the holiday.Will it be alright ???

Cheers

:D Hi All, Will be leaving for Pattaya on boxing day and a friend has asked me to take over some real scottish sausages and black pudding. Is it safe to take through BKK airport or will I get grief from customs ? I dont want to let my friend down, but I can do without the hassle at the start of the holiday.Will it be alright ???

Cheers

Don't do it! The detention cells are full of people who were found to have black pudding down their trouser leg :D:o

• 3 years later...