New Passport -- Cancelled Passport

I have an expired passport with my O Class Visa inside.. a new passport with no Visa.. Iam told by my reasonably efficient immigration agent - I must allocate two days in Thailan to have the Visa transferred from the old expired passort to the new one... even showing the note below to the immigration officer when arriving at Suvanrabhumi - she stamped my new passport with a 30 day visa on arrival ( I specifically asked then for a OClass visa endorsement and had filled the Visa number out on my arrival card ... Immigration at Chang Wattana rejected the transfer process .. and I had to leave the country again to get an O class visa entry stamp.. again the same thing happened ... it looks like now my O class Visa will expire and I have to go through the whole process again from application single entry one month O class approval process, one year extension and then multiple entry endorsement. Maybe it had something to do with the article I wrote in the Bangkok post business section on Wed 29Feb being harsh on the immigration queues.

For Thais...

Note in Thai for the immigration officer is...

เรียน เจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจคนเข้าเมือง สำหรับการเข้าออกของ คุณ คริสโตเฟอร์ แคทโต้ สมิธ

ตราประทับวีซ่าบนหนังสือเดินทางจะต้องเป็นประเภท Non O ตามที่หนังสือเดินทางเล่ม

เก่าระบุไว้นะคะ รบกวนแจ้งให้คุณคริส แสดงหนังสือเดินทางทั้งเล่มเก่าและใหม่เพื่อตรวจสอบ

ได้ค่ะ (การเดินทาง 2 ครั้งล่าสุดเจ้าหน้าที่ประทับตราให้ผิดค่ะ)

you can show the above note in Thai to the officer when you leave for Vietnam and

when you return to Bangkok.

Immigration never transfers a valid multiple visa. You just show the visa in the old passport and get the permission to stay in the new passport.

(Unless the visa page was damged, than they would consider the visa revoked).

Edit:

When you entered on a visa exempt entry, your visa might have become invalid.

Immigration never transfers a valid multiple visa. You just show the visa in the old passport and get the permission to stay in the new passport.

(Unless the visa page was damged, than they would consider the visa revoked).

Edit:

When you entered on a visa exempt entry, your visa might have become invalid.

Hii.. no my Visa expires on 3 Aprl - I have one last chance to get it completed as there is a Holiday in Vietnam (where I work during the week) on 2Apr. a day before the old Visa expires. Hopefully it will work out and if what you say is correct - it would explain why the immigration agent was not successful earlier. The Vietnamese multiple entry Visa transfer was easy... 10USD either entering or leaving HCM. no photo no fuss no tea money

I have an expired passport with my O Class Visa inside.. a new passport with no Visa.. Iam told by my reasonably efficient immigration agent - I must allocate two days in Thailan to have the Visa transferred from the old expired passort to the new one... even showing the note below to the immigration officer when arriving at Suvanrabhumi - she stamped my new passport with a 30 day visa on arrival ( I specifically asked then for a OClass visa endorsement and had filled the Visa number out on my arrival card ... Immigration at Chang Wattana rejected the transfer process .. and I had to leave the country again to get an O class visa entry stamp.. again the same thing happened ... it looks like now my O class Visa will expire and I have to go through the whole process again from application single entry one month O class approval process, one year extension and then multiple entry endorsement. Maybe it had something to do with the article I wrote in the Bangkok post business section on Wed 29Feb being harsh on the immigration queues.

For Thais...

Note in Thai for the immigration officer is...

เรียน เจ้าหน้าที่ตรวจคนเข้าเมือง สำหรับการเข้าออกของ คุณ คริสโตเฟอร์ แคทโต้ สมิธ

ตราประทับวีซ่าบนหนังสือเดินทางจะต้องเป็นประเภท Non O ตามที่หนังสือเดินทางเล่ม

เก่าระบุไว้นะคะ รบกวนแจ้งให้คุณคริส แสดงหนังสือเดินทางทั้งเล่มเก่าและใหม่เพื่อตรวจสอบ

ได้ค่ะ (การเดินทาง 2 ครั้งล่าสุดเจ้าหน้าที่ประทับตราให้ผิดค่ะ)

you can show the above note in Thai to the officer when you leave for Vietnam and

when you return to Bangkok.

You may have an issue showing the above Thai note to the Immigration Officer if your name is not Christopher Smith.

Edited by TheChiefJustice