Sym Keeway Superlight 200

coobah666

Think I saw one of these at the Bangkok Motorbike Fest the other week. The thing that struck me was the matt finish; it showed up any oily finger prints; I mean oily from sweaty hands, etc.

Sym is a really big brand in Vietnam and I believe they come from Taiwan. Saw a program on them and I think they have some word record on assembly a scooter in a very small amount of time; anyhoo they seem a pretty slick outfit. I believe they are well regarded in Vietnam and well above the cheapy Chinese clones so in theory if they can get a foothold here they should be a decent brand.

Think I saw one of these at the Bangkok Motorbike Fest the other week. The thing that struck me was the matt finish; it showed up any oily finger prints; I mean oily from sweaty hands, etc.

Sym is a really big brand in Vietnam and I believe they come from Taiwan. Saw a program on them and I think they have some word record on assembly a scooter in a very small amount of time; anyhoo they seem a pretty slick outfit. I believe they are well regarded in Vietnam and well above the cheapy Chinese clones so in theory if they can get a foothold here they should be a decent brand.

I was going to say SYM is a good brand from Taiwan. But I don't think this is a SYM bike - I think it's a "Keeway" bike which reeks of cheap chinese clone. Confusing naming that's for sure...

Ok well Google's your friend, there is a website http://www.keewaymotor.com/company_history.html

From that we learn .. not very much, except that there is no connection to SYM; qianjiang motorcycle is Chinese and probably owns Keeway, since the HQ has the company name... too much a stretch of the imagination that Keeway sells Chinese clones of japanese bike designs?

Thanks to those that posted back with sensible posts,have owned harleys for the last 15 years,and as I said the wife likes it because it looks like a good little cruiser,it is only going to be used as a village scooter not a highway cruiser otherwise I would not even consider it with a rear drum brake.on the matt finnish paint job had a harley with the same matt black looks great but is hard to keep clean but the wife will be cleaning it not me,will give it go because its a reasonable price and give it a month or two and report back let everyone know how it goes

I actually like the look of the thing in matte black paint. I took a look on the ol' interweb of the other paint options available, and the shiny paint, well, I just don't like it. For the same reason I don't like the Boss or Phantom. Looks like a Harley wannabe, which it is. But in flat black, it looks like a "rat rod", which some people may not like, but I do. It looks like it's got nice fat tires. If I saw it in flat black, I wouldn't know what it is and would think it was a bigger cc bike.

the bike goes for 59,000 bahtpost-129025-0-43448300-1329807713_thumb.

Mine goes for miles

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

God gave man a penis and a brain, unfortunately, did not give sufficient blood supply to run both at the same time.

How on earth do they expect to sell something called a KEE, aka hit-the-fan.gif -Way in Thailand?!?! Has no one bothered to tell them that Kee = $hit in Thai?!?!giggle.gif

Easy. You just make the bikes better than Tiger and sell them at a lower price than kawasaKEE does tongue.png

I actually like the look of the thing in matte black paint. I took a look on the ol' interweb of the other paint options available, and the shiny paint, well, I just don't like it. For the same reason I don't like the Boss or Phantom. Looks like a Harley wannabe, which it is. But in flat black, it looks like a "rat rod", which some people may not like, but I do. It looks like it's got nice fat tires. If I saw it in flat black, I wouldn't know what it is and would think it was a bigger cc bike.

I see one of these parked regularly at the Lotus on Pattaya North Rd., evidently owned by an employee. The "rat rod" look is quite nice, I'd say, better than a Phantom anyway. Appears to be a decent bike.

How on earth do they expect to sell something called a KEE, aka hit-the-fan.gif -Way in Thailand?!?! Has no one bothered to tell them that Kee = $hit in Thai?!?!giggle.gif

Easy. You just make the bikes better than Tiger and sell them at a lower price than kawasaKEE does tongue.png

SuzuKEE is eyeing up the thai market also ...... biggrin.png

Edited by wana

SuzuKEE is eyeing up the thai market also ...... biggrin.png

Now I know why Thais don't like SuzuKEE's much...

Edited by MaiChai

Have seen this bike parked near Kosa mall here in khon kaen always wondered what it was now i know, i quiet like the bike, love the fat tires,i was looking at the lifan 250-b but this is a good alternative and cheaper.