HIV-Positive Bangkok Cabdriver Admits Sexual Assaulting And Robbing Passengers

webfact

However, the search of his cab probably did not turn up any condoms. I find it difficult to believe that he would start raping a woman and then excuse himself while he went to the corner pharmacy to purchase condoms.

Money and goods can be recovered and replaced. Ones health cannot. This individual willingly spread a life threatening disease with absolutely no concern for his victims. Even the lowliest prison would be too good for this poor excuse for a human being. Any suggestions as to his punishment?

Or how about....oh! excuse me... stay in the car whilst I run into 7-eleven for condoms. Why not?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeuurrgghh, I've just trodden in something politically correct.

The word "dumb" is a perfectly acceptable word for someone who cannot talk. There are far more important things to worry about than whether Jermaine Greer and Mary Whitehouse would approve. Get a life!

And on February 10, two dumb women lodged complaints at Lat Phrao Police saying that he raped and robbed them.

possibly could have been worded better.

Unfortunately, the english skills of the writer are circa 1952. I believe "dumb" was used in respect to a hearing impaired person classified as profoundly deaf, unable to speak in a manner others can understand. Very sad that the term was used, as the inability to hear and speak does not equate with "dumb" as used today.

i'd say once he found out he was hiv positive he just didn't care about life anymore.

or anyone else's.

i really doubt he used condoms.

how did he get the hiv in the first place?

i'd say it was cheap street hookers.. without using condoms.

i'd say once he found out he was hiv positive he just didn't care about life anymore.

or anyone else's.

i really doubt he used condoms.

how did he get the hiv in the first place?

i'd say it was cheap street hookers.. without using condoms.

Well he got a great deal then, cheap hooker AND "khong taem" (a bonus gift).

This cannot be good for tourism......Tuk tuk drivers in Phuket are generally regarded as pond scum, while in the past taxi drivers in Bangkok were regarded as pretty good, exceptions being a bit of overcharging. This person has now done irreparable harm to their image. The amazing ( miracle ? ) part of this is about complaints in the past, where the police did nothing about him. Too busy manning helmet checkpoints ?? Disgusting.. To my mind the police are responsible for all the attacks after the first one was reported and they did nothing. Why ? Did he pay them off somehow ? Is he a brother red shirt ??

Truly doubt he used condoms. Regular Thai men scarcely use condoms, I cannot believe a taxi driver raping a young girl is going to use one. Especially in light of the fact he already has AIDS. I think he just said that to escape the charge of attempted murder. An interview of the victims will quickly establish if a condom was used.

<deleted> have the red shirts got to do it ? , are you suggesting only the poor are capable of rape , ..the rich rape the poor in more ways than one every day !, .................should call yourself "oneeye" not eyeswideopen !

Edited by osiboy

This cannot be good for tourism......Tuk tuk drivers in Phuket are generally regarded as pond scum, while in the past taxi drivers in Bangkok were regarded as pretty good, exceptions being a bit of overcharging. This person has now done irreparable harm to their image. The amazing ( miracle ? ) part of this is about complaints in the past, where the police did nothing about him. Too busy manning helmet checkpoints ?? Disgusting.. To my mind the police are responsible for all the attacks after the first one was reported and they did nothing. Why ? Did he pay them off somehow ? Is he a brother red shirt ??

Truly doubt he used condoms. Regular Thai men scarcely use condoms, I cannot believe a taxi driver raping a young girl is going to use one. Especially in light of the fact he already has AIDS. I think he just said that to escape the charge of attempted murder. An interview of the victims will quickly establish if a condom was used.

<deleted> have the red shirts got to do it ? , are you suggesting only the poor are capable of rape , ..the rich rape the poor in more ways than one every day !, .................should call yourself "oneeye" not eyeswideopen !

My eyes are alway open ! :-) The red shirt reference was alluding to the fact that virtually every Bangkok taxi driver is a red shirt supporter. I was traveling in a taxi and the driver asked me if I liked Thaksin. When I said he was the worst thing to ever happen to Thailand, he told me to get out of the cab in the middle of traffic. So no more political discussions while in a cab.

Do you have another theory as to why the police never bothered to arrest this guy after numerous complaints? Would be glad to hear it... Of course the poor rape more than the rich ! The rich simply buy the women they want, no need to rape them. As far as the rich raping the poor of Thailand in a metaphorical way, that should probably be in some other thread......

Edited by EyesWideOpen