Loy Krathong, Pattaya 2012

BB1950

I know it's early, but I have some guests that are arriving in November and wanted them to experience Loy Krathong when they are here.

Traditionally all over Thailand, Loy Krathong is held on the night of November's full moon. Which this year is Nov 28th. I noticed many websites posting the wrong date for Loy Krathong in Pattaya for 2012 (anywhere from Nov 8 through Nov 12). I didn't see a website that had the correct date for Loy Krathong in Pattaya for 2012.

So, I checked with the Pattaya City Hall just to make sure. This year Pattaya will officially celebrate Loy Krathong on Nov 28th, the same as all over Thailand.

BB1950,

you also could have checked the Thai Visa Calendar (http://www.thaivisa....-calendar-2012/) Which displays most of the important Thai Holidays

I know, that's why I questioned the other websites. Sometimes Pattaya deviates from the standard holiday dates (I.e. Songkran). That's why I was puzzled and checked with the city hall.

Althought the full moon date is Nov 28th this year, their events dates may differ. For eg, Sukhothai & Chiang Mai will always have their final day differently so that visitors can visit both places. TAT is doing a bad job. I always have problem finding the exact days of the various places' events. Don't understand why they can't decide on the dates earlier and announce them.