2 Led Lights In Pool

rickthailand

Hi Rick,

As 'katabeachbum' said, the 'LED' lights use very very little in the way of power. It would seem a bit strange to go from 3 hours to 10 hours, as I would imagine that it doesn't get dark enough until 1900 to see the pool lights anyway; so the 3 hours will take you to say 2200; but maybe you are into midnight bathing - good lad !!!

The main cost of your electricity, will be your pool circulation pump, which, depending on the size of your pool, can be anything from 1,500watts to 3,000 watts per hour; this makes your lights seem paltry in comparison, as watts x hours x Baht cost per Kw = Total cost per system. I think that the average cost per Kw hour is now about 3 Baht, so it is fairly easy to work out what anything cost to run in your household.

LED lighting is definitely the way to go for all of us - garden lights and house lighting, but you must be aware that they also have some problems (at the moment) with surges in the mains voltages that can 'blow' them. The technology of these LED'S is increasing day by day and I am sure that we will all be using them for most of our lighting purposes in the near future, as the costs of these appliances go down compared to the 'mini folded flourescent tubes/bulbs' which most of us use in our homes today. The Automotive industry has taken them to their heart, as I am sure that you will have noticed by the rear LED light clusters that abound nowadays, they are 'virtually' indestructable under the correct conditions and if operated at their optimum levels can work for some 20,000hours+. Hope that this is of some help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rick,

As 'katabeachbum' said, the 'LED' lights use very very little in the way of power. It would seem a bit strange to go from 3 hours to 10 hours, as I would imagine that it doesn't get dark enough until 1900 to see the pool lights anyway; so the 3 hours will take you to say 2200; but maybe you are into midnight bathing - good lad !!!

The main cost of your electricity, will be your pool circulation pump, which, depending on the size of your pool, can be anything from 1,500watts to 3,000 watts per hour; this makes your lights seem paltry in comparison, as watts x hours x Baht cost per Kw = Total cost per system. I think that the average cost per Kw hour is now about 3 Baht, so it is fairly easy to work out what anything cost to run in your household.

LED lighting is definitely the way to go for all of us - garden lights and house lighting, but you must be aware that they also have some problems (at the moment) with surges in the mains voltages that can 'blow' them. The technology of these LED'S is increasing day by day and I am sure that we will all be using them for most of our lighting purposes in the near future, as the costs of these appliances go down compared to the 'mini folded flourescent tubes/bulbs' which most of us use in our homes today. The Automotive industry has taken them to their heart, as I am sure that you will have noticed by the rear LED light clusters that abound nowadays, they are 'virtually' indestructable under the correct conditions and if operated at their optimum levels can work for some 20,000hours+. Hope that this is of some help.

hi

sorry for the late reply thanlks for the info very usefull

rick