Looking For The Absolute Best Animal Hospital In Bangkok

media

I agree, Thonglor Pet Hospital (btw. Thonglor Soi 13 and 15) is the best - and priciest. Not sure if they can do MRI scans, though. I doubt it.

agree and this is where I took my dog on a New Year's day with a broken leg - thought it was between 9 and 11 tho... definitely opposite Witches Tavern hic

To be honest I was going to mention Thonglor Pet Hospital as well. Although thinking back, they gave me a bad diagnosis on my Bangkeaw, who as an older puppy was showing significant muscle/weight wastage which they diagnosed as a parasitic blood infection. Turned out to be hip dysplasia. I also recall the Vet had a print out of the blood results from the computer which helpfully summarised the potential diagnoses, so I lost faith in the process, as I felt she was merely reading from this rather than producing her own analysis.

That being said, they do exhibit a general air of professionalism which is often missing in Thai vets.

Smaller vets normally aren't much better, I severely lost my rag with one (Sukhumvit 71) when attempting to confirm my dog was pregnant (fixed now thank you !) and develop a pregancy/delivery plan. She is a X-Shitzu and gained about 20% in body weight, could no longer jump up on the sofa, massive tummy and we could easily feel the puppies moving in her stomach. The vet was a bit confused by it all , wouldn't confirm a pregancy and wanted to charge X hundred baht for an X-ray before diagnosing. In the end she had delivery and after-care at TPH, which was expensive but worth it.

We previously had a good vet in Sathorn, run by two youngish Chula graduates who had a great approach and attitude to their work. On Thanon Chan, a left turn as you come down Narathiwat Road from Chong Nonsi intersection. About 50 yds on the left-hand side. No extensive facilities but good as a pet clinic, as opposed to pet hospital.

My experience is that many vets are similar to the human hospitals - driven by money. If you want a more balanced view for a major problem, then maybe Chula or Thammasat (not sure if it is back-up yet after the flood) might be better options. I have used Chula before and been happy with their efforts and I was researching the Thammasat hip dysplasia operation options for my Bangkaew when the flood came.

Anyway, good luck with your problem and I hope your pet recovers.