Medical Certificate For 50 Baht? Where To Find In Pattaya Area?

thaidiver

You won't find one for 50 baht.... They are 150 baht.. so pay 150 baht at ANY clinic or do without.

Bullsh*t, I already know where to get then for 100 baht but have heard many people say on Thaivisa where they are available for 50 baht. Thanks for nothing rmicheald

You won't find one for 50 baht.... They are 150 baht.. so pay 150 baht at ANY clinic or do without.

Bullsh*t, I already know where to get then for 100 baht but have heard many people say on Thaivisa where they are available for 50 baht. Thanks for nothing rmicheald

Good luck on your search to save 50 baht. For me I would just pay the extra money - it is incredibly inexpensive by western standards considering the doctor has an office to run, nurses to pay and had many years of education. The aggravation, time and effort of searching for a discount Doc is just not worth it IMHO. I agree the form is a waste of time but when in Rome?

• Like 1

Many clinics provide them for B100, which seems to be the "market price". I got one today for B60.

I believe the topic is "where" you got the paper, care to share?wai.gif

Many clinics provide them for B100, which seems to be the "market price". I got one today for B60.

I thought the topic was where to get one for 50B, as if anyone really would care wacko.png

• Like 1

So if you know it all,why start a topic?

So if you know it all,why start a topic?

Thanks for your response!

Wouldn't be asking if I knew it all. The only stupid question is the one left unasked. And last time I checked it's free to post questions on Thaivisa. Thanks Again!

I thought the topic was where to get one for 50B, as if anyone really would care wacko.png

Thanks for your reply!

Yes just pay whatever anyone asks of you, good idea. Even it it a 50 satang piece of paper, and there isn't any medical test performed to speak of, just pay whatever anyone asks, who cares! Why not throw in another 500 baht tip just for fun!

Thank again for you time!

Asking for help here and then being very sarcastic and rude will not help people to reply now or in your future you know? People remember post like yours and i see you have 4 or 5 rude responses on your topic.

I got mine for 30 baht on soi khao noi.

I never needed a medical to renew my license.

Any one can pm me for exactly the right spot except for the OP.

Anyways if you can't afford 100 or 150 baht then just don't renew it.

Edited by Gone
  • Like 1

The specific question asked in the original post was " where I can obtain the medical certificate, needed for renewing my motorcycle license, for 50 bath? Don't want to pay more than 50 baht as this is all the piece of paper is worth". I have no idea where a medical certificate can be gotten for B50. As I said, I paid B60, which is above the stated maximum price. I was responding to a rather firm and incorrect and not very helpful post that every clinic charges B150 for the certificate -- "They are 150 baht.. so pay 150 baht at ANY clinic or do without". And while I agree that the certificate is a meaningless requirement, it is nonetheless a requirement for a Thai driver's licence, so it is "worth" quite a bit in that sense. And to go out of your way to save B50 will probably cost you more in time and expense than you will save on the certificate. I pay thousands of Baht each year for equally worthless company accounts to satisfy Thai legal requirements -- there is something where a lower price is worth searching for. By your measure of "value", they are only worth B50 -- good luck with that. So, if you already know a clinic where you can get the certificate for B100, you probably have found your best choice. if you go to one of the small clinics on the Dark Side, Soi Neunpleubwan or Soi Khao Noi, you can probably get it for less.

• Like 1

Has to be the rudest OP i have ever seen, buy a med cert if you wish but you dont need to renew.

I assume that you mean that a medical certificate is not required to renew your Thai driver's licence. If so, your post is the most useful and informative post in this thread and, congratulations, you have saved the OP B50 (or B100, depending on where he would have gotten the certificate (and assuming he had not already purchased it before reading your post)), which will give him enough money for 2 (or 4) small Beer Changs at 7/11 and make him feel infinitely more content that he has not "wasted" B50 on a worthless piece of paper. Thanks for that!

Has to be the rudest OP i have ever seen, buy a med cert if you wish but you dont need to renew.

Right before I posted this Topic I was at the licensing center and given a check list of things I need to renew my drivers license, one of them was the medical certificate. Anyways I have 1 month before I have to go back get the license. Perhaps you should march on down there and tell them they have no idea what there doing and demand they do things your way.

Cheers..

If he needs an extra 50 baht I don't mind lending it to him and he can pay me back on a monthly payment plan. Say 10 baht per month if that isn't to much?

So if a poster has a question to ask there is just no way you would ever even think of being helpful and answer their question, apparently Thaivisa is the perfect place for people with an axe to grind . "Ha ha he's just being cheap" or " if 100 baht is to much then don't get it" or "he wants to save to buy and extra Chang" seem to be many of your ingenious replies.

I have a month to get a new license and though I would pre-plan things, I guess I'll go elsewhere. good riddance

If anyone has positive feedback on where it is possible to get a medical certificate for 50 please post.

I again remind everybody that there are no need for negative input or flames. If you don't have anything positive to add stay put or get a posting holiday. Last warning.

PS. While it is true the official list of necessary documents include a medical certificate, my own experience from the last DL renewal was they told me they didn't need it and gave it back to me. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it after having gone all the way out to the motor office though, but that's a risk everyone need to decide for themselves.

Phil I agree that things can get flamed up and I was going to tell him where to get one for 30 baht until I read the OP's post # 5

I didn't want the OP swearing at me so I did not reply.

Yes TV is a great place for asking/answering q's however when someone is asking for help there is no need to start swearing back at the people is there?

Anyways I can't really explain very well but on Soi Khai Noi there are a few small clinics on the right and if you tell them what the certificate is for the doctor doesn't even look at you. He just tells the receptionist to write one up and it cost me 30 baht.

I think the ones along Nernplabwan are about the same.

I assume that you mean that a medical certificate is not required to renew your Thai driver's licence. If so, your post is the most useful and informative post in this thread and, congratulations, you have saved the OP B50 (or B100, depending on where he would have gotten the certificate (and assuming he had not already purchased it before reading your post)), which will give him enough money for 2 (or 4) small Beer Changs at 7/11 and make him feel infinitely more content that he has not "wasted" B50 on a worthless piece of paper. Thanks for that!

It's been a long time since you bought Beer Changs at 7/11.