Samui, Exclusive?

wasas

I have just read an article on phuket forum about a pregnant lady getting beaten up by lady boys.

In the ten years i,ve been coming to samui, i havent read anything like this in samui.

Phuket and Pattaya seems to have its fair share of trouble in and around the girly bar districts,muggings and thefts are the norm in these places, just by reading the local newspapers, i have noticed this.

Many places are unsafe to go to at night in thailand, just like back home in europe.

But i have no problem going to my local 7-11 late at night when i want some fags, or anything else,I dont have any problems when i go to Green mango, or Soi Reggi.

Koh samui is more expensive than other parts of thailand, but its more safer and more beautiful, and i wouldn,t want to live anywhere else.

Yes its worth paying more to live and holiday in koh samui.

• Like 2

Well said wasas. Of course Samui has its problems and it is expensive. (Keeps the riff raff away giggle.gif )

All holiday destinations are more expensive than other local areas and all have some crime. However, Samui is better than most for safety (apart from driving a bike drunk.gif )

We have lived in a few places around SE Asia, Pacific Rim and the UK. Only place the misses was mugged (twice) - Birmingham UK. The only place that we were broken into - Sydney Oz.

Here on Samui, the only time that we lock our doors is when we leave the island - but we do live in a quiet area ph34r.png

reason for edit - Archa stuffed up my spelling (hic).

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

not to intrude on the the post but samui does have its fair share of events, its just we have no media outlet who reports it !

i have seen a few times people coming out of Green Mango half dead from a Kick In , or Thais beating westerners to a pulp in Lamai, or a crazed gunman in central chewang or in the middle of fishermans village, not to mention bargirls murdering thier boyfriends only to be covered up or the hundreds of deaths a year on the roads here, which in fairness are ALL reported in Phuket and Pattaya , but not here !, if there was a local paper in english that reported all the goings on from assults to theft, to traffic accidents and murders, they could easily fill a 50 page newspaper every 2 weeks, and have a very actve website, but it is all hidden and hush hush ......... doesnt happen on samui

• Like 1

not to intrude on the the post but samui does have its fair share of events, its just we have no media outlet who reports it !

i have seen a few times people coming out of Green Mango half dead from a Kick In , or Thais beating westerners to a pulp in Lamai, or a crazed gunman in central chewang or in the middle of fishermans village, not to mention bargirls murdering thier boyfriends only to be covered up or the hundreds of deaths a year on the roads here, which in fairness are ALL reported in Phuket and Pattaya , but not here !, if there was a local paper in english that reported all the goings on from assults to theft, to traffic accidents and murders, they could easily fill a 50 page newspaper every 2 weeks, and have a very actve website, but it is all hidden and hush hush ......... doesnt happen on samui

i,m not saying samui is squeaky clean, just saying its safer here than anywhere else i have lived.

Another thing I dont see any graffiti in samui, yes i ,ve seen trouble in the girly bar areas, but most of the time the farangs deserve what they got

i,m not saying samui is squeaky clean, just saying its safer here than anywhere else i have lived.

Another thing I dont see any graffiti in samui, yes i ,ve seen trouble in the girly bar areas, but most of the time the farangs deserve what they got

Lots of request estate scams and theft. Had a friend buy a car and it was stolen two weeks later forged blue book. Another took a boat trip moped was stolen. Saw it for sale a few weeks later police refused to do anything even w payoff. Samui is no perfect place, problems at bars too. Arguably you can people who rent jetskis. Tuk tuk and go to bars deserve what they got too then in phuket... only problems if your not careful. Been working and living in bkk phuket and samui for almost a decade knock on wood never an issue.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Lots of request estate scams and theft. Had a friend buy a car and it was stolen two weeks later forged blue book. Another took a boat trip moped was stolen. Saw it for sale a few weeks later police refused to do anything even w payoff. Samui is no perfect place, problems at bars too. Arguably you can people who rent jetskis. Tuk tuk and go to bars deserve what they got too then in phuket... only problems if your not careful. Been working and living in bkk phuket and samui for almost a decade knock on wood never an issue.

Did you take English lessions from 'Big C'

Edited by Eric1949

I Lived on Samui for over 20 years and it has become Very Violent With Thai Mafia and Foreigners want to be Mafia and Locals thinking they own the Island.

along this stupid drunken fools that come and go.... So sad... And then there is the road rage....+++++

But Samui still has some nice people and beautiful places on it....

i have noticed a hell of a rise in crime in phuket over the last year or so.

forangs getting shot,

forangs killing forangs

High HIV umong lady boys ( i am not effected by this ) i Have check my wife is alady i had to get her pregnanat to be 100 per cent sure lol

and more

i have noticed a hell of a rise in crime in phuket over the last year or so.

forangs getting shot,

forangs killing forangs

High HIV umong lady boys ( i am not effected by this ) i Have check my wife is alady i had to get her pregnanat to be 100 per cent sure lol

and more

be carefull BigC - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-man-gives-birth-despite-682240

• Like 1

I wrote it on my phone and I'm not a native English speaker. Relax, a few misspellings do not the man make.

English lessions? What's that Eric1949? If you want to criticise others, maybe non-native speakers, for their lower English language abilities at least try yourself to spell correctly. Take it from me - another non-native English speaker!

It's no more expensive to come to Samui, just more of a pain in the arse because of a lack of direct flights.

Neah .. of course it's more expensive to fly to Samui than anywhere else in Thailand. And all flights to Samui are "direct" :-)

It's only more expensive if you come from Bangkok. I fly through KL to get to Samui and a one way trip from Perth, Australia to Samui costs me about 7000 baht

7,000?? PER to USM? Is it the same return? I am due to visit friends on PER, and that price sounds good, who with?

Perth to KL with Air Asia, KL to Samui with Firefly. Air Asia also fly to Surat Thani from KL, but I prefer to fly to Samui airport than take the ferry.

Prices differ depending on what day you fly obviously but there is a fair bit of flexibility in the dates where you can get the $160 Perth-KL fare.

Edited by ydraw
  • Like 1